FA Cup 2015/16 Thread

The Lusophone

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Thought of Matticus after I posted. Didn't know Noah supported Brighton though. Although he's probably just bored of United so I don't blame him for adopting a second team.

No joke on nothing, he legitimately has more teams than me.

15 hours ago, Gorka said:

Oxford seems like a nice away trip, should put a few past them too.

Top of League 2 and with the run you're on, Oxford will be delighted if you turn up at the Kassam with that attitude :P

I'm pleased with our draw, Xherdan Shaqiri, Bojan and Jon Walters down at the Keepmoat! The stuff of dreams.

• Like 2

• Admin

Manchester United’s third round tie against Sheffield United will be shown by BT Sport, making it the 48th successive FA Cup match featuring the 11-times winners to be televised live.

The Football Association announced on Friday that five matches have been selected by BT Sport and the BBC, with Liverpool’s trip to League Two side Exeter up first on the BBC on the evening of Friday 8 January.

Wycombe Wanderers’ home tie against struggling Aston Villa will be the first game shown live at 12.45pm on Saturday 9 January on BT Sport 2, followed by United’s match against the League One side Sheffield United, which kicks off at 5.30pm. That continues the unbroken run of successive FA Cup ties featuring the Old Trafford club, which stretches back to their third round replay against Exeter in January 2005.

Chelsea’s tie against Leyton Orient or Scunthorpe United will also be shown by BT Sport 2 while the trip by the Premier League leaders, Leicester City, to face Tottenham Hotspur is the final tie to be televised.

The decision to feature four of the Premier League’s most popular sides was heavily criticised by the chairman of Eastleigh, who are the only non-league club to have guaranteed their participation in the third round.

“Superb news this morning!!! We get a rare chance to check out Man Utd and Chelsea in the FA CUP #magicofthefacup,” wrote Stewart Donald, whose side will face Bolton at home.

FA Cup Third Round ties for live broadcast

Exeter City v Liverpool 7.55pm Friday 8 January, BBC One
Wycombe v Aston Villa 12.45pm Saturday 9 January, BT Sport 2
Manchester United v Sheffield United 5.30pm Saturday 9 January, BT Sport 2
Chelsea v Leyton Orient or Scunthorpe United 2pm Sunday 10 January, BT Sport 2
Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City 4pm Sunday 10 January, BBC One

Delighted we're on the telly because I'm stuck working on the 10th :P.

Also, poor, poor Liverpool fans wanting to get to Exeter for 8pm on a Friday night!

We've been shafted with that Friday kick off both in terms of getting to the ground and people getting back on a Friday night. 

Can't see why the United/Sheffield game couldn't have been on the Friday considering the distance between the two. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ryan Kent, Thiago Illori and Kevin Stewart make their first team debuts for Liverpool. Benteke captains. Enrique lives! The Liverpool team to face Exeter has an average age of 22.

Sarting XI: Bogdan, Randall, Enrique, Smith, Ilori, Brannagan, Stewart, Kent, Teixeira, Sinclair, Benteke.

Subs: Fulton, Lallana, Lucas, Ojo, Maguire, Chirivella, Masterson

This is either going to be a hilarious train wreck or the most unlikely win ever. Excited to see Ilori finally, and to see Texiera, Brannagan, and Kent. Jose Enrique at center back... He's probably better off at keeper! :lol:

I hope Exeter win, that is an embarrassing line-up. I know there is a lot of injuries, and I get that there are lots of games coming up at the moment but to play what is essentially the U21 squad and Benteke is poor. I haven't even heard of four of the substitutes.