Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

1 hour ago, Liam said:

He'd be a starter if our five best defenders didn't exist or weren't as good? I'd bloody hope so by that point...

I think me he means if he was about now in his prime, he'd start. Carragher's timing was awful, his peak coincided with a golden age of young English talent that had ridiculous depth in his position.

Look at England now. Smalling is average, Cahill is OK if he's with a better partner and John Stones can't defend. Carra would be a mainstay in England's team now.

Yeah, but it seems there is no way he'd form a decent partnership with England's best full back, Danny Simpson.

I didn't think it was a difficult one. Same issue as a number of centre forwards had in the late 90s, Ferdinand, Cole, Fowler, Sutton et al would've loved to play in an era of Danny Welbeck.

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

Was gonna tag you to let you know yesterday, but you hate watching United so much so :/

Free to air football is still free. Gotta keep those shekels.

• Like 1

Should be 3 reds there, Bournemouth should be with 9 United with 10. Bring Ibra off at half time. 

Although if the ref gets it right with the stamp on the head then there would be no retaliation as he'd be off. 

Edited by Sam

3 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Got a feeling Ibra and Mings will both be banned for the next 3 after this.

2 of the 3 will be winnable without him, may actually benefit us having Rashford playing up front instead of him against Chelsea anyway as it means we can play on the counter. Stupid thing for someone of his experience to do but I can understand why he'd do it, if Mings had connected fully with that stamp it could have been a horrific injury. 

I think that attempted stamp warrants more than a 3 game ban though, it's unbelievably dangerous. 

Edited by Sam