Formula One 2017

Lineker

Wow, that's a pretty cool and unique livery. And I much more like this than their average silver livery they debuted. This one is striking, and really catches the eye. And they could probably do pretty well when they arrive in the USA in October, with the whole breast cancer awareness stuff that the USA really goes crazy for.

Either way, I like it, and great for FI to get a big paying sponsor into the sport.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Wow, that's a pretty cool and unique livery. And I much more like this than their average silver livery they debuted. This one is striking, and really catches the eye. And they could probably do pretty well when they arrive in the USA in October, with the whole breast cancer awareness stuff that the USA really goes crazy for.

Either way, I like it, and great for FI to get a big paying sponsor into the sport.

Is it really a big paying sponsor though.

The company only made profits of €9m in 2015, so I highly doubt they are going to be throwing cash in to the sport.

• 2 weeks later...

And Hamilton is half a second quicker than Vettel and a second quicker than anyone not in a Mercedes or Ferrari. :/

It might be presumptuous but it seems the new rules have now produced the exact same pecking order (except with Mercedes having a definite No.1 driver) but now with little-to-no overtaking and much fewer pit stops to mix things up.

This could be a painful season to watch regardless of who you support.

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

It might be presumptuous but it seems the new rules have now produced the exact same pecking order (except with Mercedes having a definite No.1 driver) but now with little-to-no overtaking and much fewer pit stops to mix things up.

This could be a painful season to watch regardless of who you support.

I mean, it's still early to say after one Friday's running - but I fear you may be right.

Pretty good race. Merc doesn't look like it's any quicker in the race than Vettel at least and clearly struggles a lot more following cars, which means Ferrari just have to always stop later I guess and they can (in theory) jump any Merc ahead of them.

Good to see Bottas able to hang with Lewis too. It never looked like Lewis was just hanging back at any time so Bottas definitely had raw pace.

Shame for Ricciardo. Red Bull being so far off was really shocking.

• Like 1

I just want to say that the camera work this race was utter utter shit from start to finish.

Palmer spun out three times in the same corner, but they never ever showed it in favour of showing boring action up front... Dutch commentator spotted Ericsson's car smoking on the straight before the car went out, never saw a replay of either the smoke OR the car going dead and him parking it up the side. Almost the entirety of the race was filmed from the front, with only after Vettel increased his lead the rest of the grid getting some attention.

It made for an even more boring race than it had to be.

Also, the fact none of the big three being able to overtake each other is not boding well for the future. Since Vettel only darted away the moment Hamilton pitted, and the latter having some big issues getting past Verstappen who was a bit off the pace in comparison to Ferrari and Merc. I think this might become a very very dull season.

• Like 1

I mean, they showed a lot of the stuff with like, Hulk/Alonso/Ocon amongst other things. There were a few things they missed but I didn't notice it was any worse/better than usual?

Edited by Katsuya loves Oslo
  • Like 1