Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

So who do we think is the favourite to succeed Wenger then? I don't think Vieria will jump too soon, he still needs the experience. Is Thomas Tuchel still the favourite?

Eddie Howe? Or will he want to carry on at Bournemouth?

Ancelotti is still available, right? I can see that being an option if Tuchel decides to stay.

7 hours ago, Jericode said:

Nah, I don't see it. I reckon he'll go back to Spain once he leaves Newcastle.

Pardew's free, right? :shifty:

I'd be shocked if Rafa left England. His family are very settled in Liverpool and haven't left even when Rafa's managed abroad.

I reckon they'll get Ancelotti but I'm not sure such a passive coach is what those Arsenal players need. Most of them need a kick up the arse from someone like Simeone.

Simeone would be my ideal appointment but I don't see him leaving Atletico soon. Allegri would be my pick off that list but honestly I'm apprehensive no matter who it is. It's going to be a hellish task regardless and I just hope we don't end up with a Moyes-at-United situation.

I wonder if it might be worth taking a punt on Bielsa in the short-term. He's available, and it definitely has a quick expiration date like Mourinho, but he's the kind of disciplined coach that could do wonders for a squad of talented but underachieving players. I'd fancy him to get you back in the Champions League (presuming you don't win Europa) and then you can rebuild properly from a position of more stability.

Simeone would give the players a kick up the arse, but I wonder how long the fans would back his playing style. Atletico tend to grind a lot of results out even against smaller sides. I don't find them very entertaining, and that's saying something.

Made up for Ings really like him as a person and a player. Done really well to come back considering the shit luck he's had with injuries. 

In terms of Arsenal, might be worth going after the Monaco manager (can't remember his name)