Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

4 minutes ago, Lineker said:

It doesn't matter to the likes of us - I'm just thinking of dumb impressionable kids.

Also I'm full of so much drugs right now and I'm ever so ill still (actually dying) so there's an above 50% chance that I'm spouting a higher level of bollocks than usual.

Oh right, so you can rally against guns but its okay for you to be on drugs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DMo Salah said:

Are we actually still surprised that The S*n are massive scumbags who'll report any shite and be misleading with it or down right stating inaccurate false shite...

They do seem to have an ultra-special hatred for Raheem though for having the sheer audacity to be a young, successful black man who plays for England. Not to mention he's an immigrant, since they always refer to him as 'Jamaican-born Raheem Sterling' but I never see them refer to 'Walthamstow-born Harry Kane'. God help us if he ever signs for Liverpool, they'll probably just outright run a week's worth of headlines questioning his whereabouts when Maddie McCann disappeared and insinuating he likes to torture animals between training sessions.

3 minutes ago, The Gazz said:

They do seem to have an ultra-special hatred for Raheem though for having the sheer audacity to be a young, successful black man who plays for England. Not to mention he's an immigrant, since they always refer to him as 'Jamaican-born Raheem Sterling' but I never see them refer to 'Walthamstow-born Harry Kane'. God help us if he ever signs for Liverpool, they'll probably just outright run a week's worth of headlines questioning his whereabouts when Maddie McCann disappeared and insinuating he likes to torture animals between training sessions.

What, again?

• Haha 1

I'm getting old, my memory doesn't go back any further than April anymore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Gazz said:

The treatment of Raheem from the press is really weird. I remember after he didn't win PFA young player and it was like "RAHEEM HAS BREAKFAST AFTER MISSING OUT ON AWARD" and the way it was written was really stupid. What's wrong with breakfast how dare he eat! 

4 minutes ago, DMo Salah said:

The treatment of Raheem from the press is really weird. I remember after he didn't win PFA young player and it was like "RAHEEM HAS BREAKFAST AFTER MISSING OUT ON AWARD" and the way it was written was really stupid. What's wrong with breakfast how dare he eat! 

That's one of the ones on that Twitter thread. Definitely one of the most ridiculous ones, along with "Raheem hasn't washed his car this week".

He's just the newest English player to get the tag of Big Money Celebrity thanks to all the faff surrounding his move to Man City. Once you're in that spotlight, the tabloid rule is that absolutely everything is fair game.

It's about time Roman Reigns finally got an opportunity to win a world title.

• Like 1

Sterling can get whatever the hell he wants tattooed on his leg and as long as its not something offensive its nobodies fucking business.The flack that poor lad gets in the media is ridiculous. All for having the audacity to be a young immigrant athlete representing England.

English media is so fucked up and vitriolic.

• Like 2

They even linked two stabbings with his tattoo.

On the left hand side of today’s there’s a story that begins “Two more teenagers were killed over the weekend as Sterling revealed his controversial gun tattoo”.

Sigh.

1 hour ago, Liam Mk2 said:

They even linked two stabbings with his tattoo.

On the left hand side of today’s there’s a story that begins “Two more teenagers were killed over the weekend as Sterling revealed his controversial gun tattoo”.

Sigh.

h

It’s so fucking grubby the way the way they talk about Raheem Sterling. Don’t think it’s even just limited to him either, any young, black footballer. They did the same with Tosin Adarabioyo for having the nerve to earn a wage and buy a house despite some irrelevant “but he’s never played a league game!”.

To be honest, even the way the media talk about players like Pogba or Lingard or something rubs me the wrong way. Always going on about his hair or that he likes the things he likes or whatever else like any of it is relevant to anything he does on a pitch or anything.

• Like 1

The Sky thing is awful. The Sun thing is awful.

The whole thing is awful. Let's publicly crucify one of our most important players in the squad over a tattoo that will be covered up for the entire tournament despite Pierce Cuntface Morgan's claims that "it will be seen by millions of people at the World Cup". 

It's complete and utter nonsense and is a great example of how shit the British tabloid press are.

• Like 2