The Emirates FA Cup 2017/18

Lineker

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

I mean he's shit, but it was more Guy Mowbray's basic mistakes I was referring to.

Guy has been off today yeah. My comment was independent of yours to be honest :lol:.

In the first half, Son got called offside. Murphy snidely said "I think he's on" then they showed a replay and he was literally 5 yards offside. Muppet.

• Like 1

Just now, Baddar said:

How is that push on Lingard different to the Lukaku one?

Lukaku is meant to be a tank. Lingard is not? 

Just now, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Guy has been off today yeah. My comment was independent of yours to be honest :lol:.

In the first half, Son got called offside. Murphy snidely said "I think he's on" then they showed a replay and he was literally 5 yards offside. Muppet.

They kept mentioning the Lukaku 'miss' despite a clear whistle for a push - instead focussing on the fact the flag stayed down. Of course it did, he was way onside.

Then we had a shout for a handball soon after, and when it went out of play, the ref was communicating over his headset, and Guy thought it was to see which team should get the throw - "didn't realise VAR would be used to decide throw ins, but there we are".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baddar said:

They kept mentioning the Lukaku 'miss' despite a clear whistle for a push - instead focussing on the fact the flag stayed down. Of course it did, he was way onside.

Then we had a shout for a handball soon after, and when it went out of play, the ref was communicating over his headset, and Guy thought it was to see which team should get the throw - "didn't realise VAR would be used to decide throw ins, but there we are".

The VAR comment stood out to me too, not a fine moment for a guy.

This game is dull as owt so far second half, so sticking with Danny Murphy. Eriksen gets to the byline and plays a ball across the middle, Murphy says "it shouldn't be Sanchez tracking him, someone has lost him".

Replay shows Sanchez was marking him and it was him who lost him by ten yards. Murphy is making Jenas look clever here.

Just now, 9 to 5 said:

Jose (the Seville disaster aside) really knows how to set up and win these big games. 

Yeah, it wasn't a great attacking performance or anything, but they didn't do a lot 2nd half.

Now for Southampton to win tomorrow please. :shifty:

Also, that's the performance we need from Alexis every week, even if he only lasts 60 minutes.

Man Utd deserved that, a very good performance.

I'm afraid until Spurs find some players who want to stand up and take charge in these games they'll never win any trophies. Pretty damn benign in the second half, Kane didn't get involved and the midfield bar Eriksen looked very uninspiring. Players like Wanyama and Trippier just wanted rid as soon as they got it.

Very impressed by Herrera, not a player I usually like. Defence was really solid too and Sanchez and Pogba stepped up when they needed to in a big game.

Far be it for me to be overwhelmingly negative, but I think that might be the straw that breaks the camel's back and makes Alli and Kane decide to leave in the summer, maybe Eriksen too. If we can't win a semi final at our home stadium we're probably never going to win anything with this team.