The Emirates FA Cup 2017/18

Lineker

• 2 weeks later...

*turn on TV at half-time*

*Chelsea go 1-0 up within three minutes*

Nice. :shifty: 

2-0 now. Two trophies for Chelsea in one day?

(The U18s beat Man Utd 3-0 earlier to win the Premier League U18 National Final.)

• 2 weeks later...
Because @stokerino wanted to know what Craig Moore thinks.
BLOCraig BecMooe’s FA 3187578442.jpg?width=200&derivative=boxCraig Moore  - 3 hours ago
Chelsea v Manchester United | May 20, 2.15am (AEST), Wembley Stadium, London
The FA Cup Final is a classic and is a game which many people have been brought up on.
I remember being a youngster and always getting up for the Cup Final.
Two very good teams who have had seasons that their fans probably have felt disappointed by.
Great time to send them away in the off season with a victory and renewed confidence for next season.
I’m not sure what Conte will do with club captain Gary Cahill.
Cahill played against Newcastle and it certainly did help with the result.
There has been too much commentary coming out of Chelsea and the challenge now is to come together for this game and give yourself the best chance of a result.
Willian-chelsea-kick-v-qarabag-jpg

Chelsea can afford to be patient in the game.

Manchester United are no longer a team that will blitz you as they’re a team which will feed off your mistakes.
They’ll take a positive approach and build into the game.
You’ll get chances against this United team.
Romelu-Lukaku-manchester-united-september-2017-jpg

Romelu Lukaku (pictured above) and Anthony Martial are both in doubt with injuries.

Martial on song is great because he is direct and makes things happen.
Lukaku is a powerful player and can score but sometimes people overlook his performances because he doesn’t score.
He still makes an impact as a player though and works for the team, that is very important.
These finals games bring about an excitement and buzz about playing, so if they’re not passed fit, there’ll be two other players snapping away waiting for the chance.
Man Utd will try and be hard to breakdown and be dangerous on the counter, looking to punish mistakes.
This can come from an organised press or by teams coughing up possession in bad areas.
They aren’t flashy but have been efficient for the main part of the season.
Of the last 11 FA Cup Finals, 10 were decided by a single goal margin and I expect this to be tight but think we’ll see more than one goal in this game.
I expect this to be tight but think we'llsee more than one goal in this game.
I personally would love to see an early goal so we neutrals get to see an open game.
I expect that both teams can get on the scoresheet in this one.
Alexis-Sanchez-Manchester-United-v-sevilla-march-2018-jpg

KEY BATTLE: Alexis Sanchez v Eden Hazard

Hazard has put some pressure on himself by saying he’s interested about who Chelsea will sign before he decides his future.
Players must focus on playing and I know his frustration is coming from a good place.
Sanchez (pictured above) hasn’t had the impact United fans would have hoped but maybe he can give them a nice departing gift for the season with a big performance and a goal.
If he does this, he can shade this battle.

The Verdict
I’ll go with a draw in normal time with United going on into extra time to grind out a win.
Both teams I’m sure will have put the season behind them and focus on the best possible way to be at the top moment for this Cup final.
Plenty to play for and should be a great atmosphere.
Going for a scoring draw at the end of regular time with United winning 3-2 in extra time.
In the 11 FA Cup Finals at the new Wembley Stadium, only once has the team who scored the opening goal lost in the regulation 90 minutes.

Unibet Odds: Chelsea 
 Draw 
Manchester United 

Tip: Draw (regular time)
To win the trophy: Manchester United (
)
Total goals: Over 2.5 (
)
Both teams to score: Yes (

Double chance:  Manchester United or Draw (
)
Correct score: 2-2 (
)
First goal scorer: Alexis Sanchez (
)

•  

Don’t chase your losses. Walk away. Gamble Responsibly.

National Gambling Helpline: 1800 858 858

Copyright 2018, Unibet All rights reserved.
Edited by Noah

Basically everything points to this either being a repeat of the horrendously-dull 2007 final (with the Mourinho team probably scraping the win again), or a repeat of the kind of performance we put out against everyone-who-wasn't-Liverpool in recent weeks that will be all kinds of embarrassing.

Still, you know. May 19th. Anniversary of the 2012 CL final. If all else fails I can relive that a bit.

Chelsea playing the 3-5-2, otherwise known as the "why play Willian when you can play Bakayoko?" formation... ¬_¬ Trevor Chalobah makes up the numbers on the bench.

Courtois, Rudiger, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Bakayoko, Kante, Fabregas, Moses, Hazard, Giroud

Subs: Caballero, Barkley, Morata, Pedro, Zappacosta, Willian, Chalobah

Lukaku on the bench for United. Not that they don't have plenty in attack anyway.

De Gea, Young, Jones, Smaling, Valencia, Matic, Herrera, Rashford, Pogba, Lingard, Sanchez

Subs: Romero, Bailly, Mata, Lukaku, Martial, Darmian, McTominay

1-0 Giroud, over 8 corners and over 4.5 cards - 50/1
1-0 Rashford, over 8 corners - 33/1
0-0, Over 8 corners, Over 4.5 cards, Herrera to be booked and United to lift the trophy - 50/1

Put £2.50 on them three above.