The Emirates FA Cup 2017/18

Lineker

Just now, stokerino said:

So does this win mean Chelsea are going to give Conte the whole weekend before they fire him? <_< 

You might have bested us during the match but you'll never outdo us in the firing a manager post FA Cup win game

When Jose said that United didn't have a presence for a long period of time...I just thought to myself "Well you did have someone on the bench who could have been a presence for someone to cross to but you left it until the 73rd minute.

Wasn't a final for the neutral but I think most people expected that. Chelsea got the goal and defended well whilst having the outball to Hazard who could help carry the ball up the field and frustrated United and limited them largely to pot shots from outside the area. Pogba should have scored with the free header but then again Alonso should have done better when Kante put him through one on one.

Well, I'm a neutral (if anything even more so as I dislike both teams) and I enjoyed that match. Tactically it was interesting and certainly Conte got it right and Mourinho didn't. Mourinho says they had no presence up front but Sanchez is no weed and nor is Rashford, and he said Chelsea didn't deserve to win which is just bitter. Hazard was outstanding and the defence was excellent too, I eat my words with Cahill because he was superb as was Rudiger.

Phil Jones though, what on earth was he doing? Out of position allowing Hazard in, held off too easily then he commits a foul where he will never, ever be able to make a clean tackle and essentially he has given the final away right there and then. But United didn't do enough up front.

One last thing...what a shame it was Pogba who missed that free header. Such a "show pony" if ever there was one. He can do some great stuff on the ball but he's always trying to earn plaudits for tricks and stuff. At one stage someone made a great run across from the right hand side on the edge of the box, maybe Valencia, it broke out to Pogba in the D so he did a useless dink over everyone to the keeper from an angle where he it would never have come off. Too much of that from him.

11 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

I like Pogba. I think he'd flourish under basically any other manager.  Jose such a dour slug.

Yep, I agree. In any other top 6 club he'd be great.

7 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Also. Alexis Sanchez seems like square peg, round hole. Doesn’t fit United at all.

Same as above. To me it looks like he has taken a backwards step.

I'd love to see Pogba under Pep, he'd sort him right out after a season.

United are diabolical to watch, just not pleasing on the eye or effective. A niggling feeling that Mourinho's spark has gone and the game is passing him by. Their point total is far from reflective of their quality and it'll be interesting to see how they do next year.

Jones was woeful but that first touch by Hazard was pure filth.

• Like 1

I wonder if there's a part of Sanchez that regrets moving to United, if nothing else, at Arsenal he at least had the freedom to play a lot more openly and a more attacking, expressive game. He just really doesn't fit in with how Man Utd play at all. Should have just seen out the season at Arsenal and then seen what offers were available to him beyond just Man Utd in the Summer. They just don't seem like an attractive option for any kind of player with flair and whatever at the moment beyond just the name value of the club.

Still, just the four more years left of his contract.

• Haha 1