The Emirates FA Cup 2017/18

Lineker

Just now, Los IngobernAdam de Japon said:

Not even the worst thing about Fleetwood's ground. When they score, their cod mascot dances on the screen and some weird naughtical tune plays. Really rubs salt in the wounds when you've gone all the way there to watch your team lose.

Rubbing salt into cod is a good way to make it taste delicious 

• Like 2

Just now, MDK said:

Rubbing salt into cod is a good way to make it taste delicious 

Don't get me started on that either. There's a chippy on the corner next to the ground, we went in expecting it to be decent considering this place is basically Blackpool, on the sea front. They were bloody micro chips! In a chippy, an absolute crime.

18 minutes ago, stokerino said:

Did I say half-time? I meant the final whistle. Or maybe not even then.

Just about everyone not called Willian has been dire.

Good job you signed Barkley

36 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Hope all the televised games are 0-0 tbh. That'll teach em. <_<

Didn't you know? We beat Everton 2-1 last night, that was on TV....  :shifty:

https://streamable.com/t9l9h 

8 minutes ago, DarylMarrio said:

Didn't you know? We beat Everton 2-1 last night, that was on TV....  :shifty:

https://streamable.com/t9l9h 

Yeah but the Merseyside derby was rightly selected. Some of the games (like Fleetwood-Leicester, Shrewsbury-West Ham) only got picked ahead of ours because of the complaints about our ties always being on.

4 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Yeah but the Merseyside derby was rightly selected. Some of the games (like Fleetwood-Leicester, Shrewsbury-West Ham) only got picked ahead of ours because of the complaints about our ties always being on.

Wasn't it Fleetwood's first time playing a Prem team? Did Vardy used to play for them as well? So I can kinda understand that.

I suppose there really isn't much difference between Chelsea/Norwich and United/Derby like but I can see why they may have put Shrewsbury/West Ham on as well due to Shrewsbury  doing well in League 1 and are at home to a Prem team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

This is rubbish mate, sorry. I'll give you Norwich v Chelsea as being no better to put on than Man Utd v Derby (the argument at least is that the big team was away in the Chelsea game) but there is no way that you can complain your match wasn't on ahead of the two you've mentioned. They are exactly the ties that should always be selected for live coverage in the FA Cup: the minnow at home to the big side. Premier League team away to small League One side, they are both perfect ties to put on. Okay, so Fleetwood was 0-0 today but that is half an upset for the minnow and I believe the goals in your game last night came right in the last few minutes anyway.

I believe there are six games picked for television this round out of 32, and looking at all the ties I'd say the two you've mentioned, the Merseyside derby and Forest/Arsenal are all more than worthy of being selected. Man Utd/Derby or Norwich/Chelsea is a toss-up which I'm assuming they decided by the fact Chelsea were away in their game as I said, and the other one is Brighton/Palace which is also a rivalry game although not a particularly big one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Los IngobernAdam de Japon said:

This is rubbish mate, sorry. I'll give you Norwich v Chelsea as being no better to put on than Man Utd v Derby (the argument at least is that the big team was away in the Chelsea game) but there is no way that you can complain your match wasn't on ahead of the two you've mentioned. They are exactly the ties that should always be selected for live coverage in the FA Cup: the minnow at home to the big side. Premier League team away to small League One side, they are both perfect ties to put on. Okay, so Fleetwood was 0-0 today but that is half an upset for the minnow and I believe the goals in your game last night came right in the last few minutes anyway.

I believe there are six games picked for television this round out of 32, and looking at all the ties I'd say the two you've mentioned, the Merseyside derby and Forest/Arsenal are all more than worthy of being selected. Man Utd/Derby or Norwich/Chelsea is a toss-up which I'm assuming they decided by the fact Chelsea were away in their game as I said, and the other one is Brighton/Palace which is also a rivalry game although not a particularly big one.

Eh, I do get it. But I'm also confident we weren't picked just because of the issue of us having every game on in the last 10 years or whatever it was. 

11 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Eh, I do get it. But I'm also confident we weren't picked just because of the issue of us having every game on in the last 10 years or whatever it was. 

And considering how uninspiring United have been playing recently I'm not surprised that they didn't show it. 

• Sad 1