The Emirates FA Cup 2017/18

Lineker

Oh come on guys, I'm all for taking the piss out of Liverpool (lol Gerrard slip and lol we've won the league more recently than you) but calling someone a son of a bitch isn't intended as being a sexist remark. If I'd been shoved with that amount of force then I'd have called him a fucking cunt

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Oh come on guys, I'm all for taking the piss out of Liverpool (lol Gerrard slip and lol we've won the league more recently than you) but calling someone a son of a bitch isn't intended as being a sexist remark. If I'd been shoved with that amount of force then I'd have called him a fucking cunt

It wasn't an argument I was looking to pursue much further really, but using the phrase 'son of a bitch' and people being accepting of it is about inherent sexism in language, not that Firmino set out to be sexist.

It is like people who call things 'gay' to suggest they are bad or rubbish.  The words we use shape the way we see the world, so using these things as throwaway comments is indicative of a wider issue. 

Holgate was clearly more in the wrong, but it just speaks volumes that chasing after someone and swearing at them is seen as the acceptable retaliation in a sport which all too often has issues with the behaviour of its players and their position as role models in society. 

Edit: They are investigating whether he made a racial slur. 

Edited by Liam
  • Like 2

The only way you're likely to curtail players saying inappropriate things in game would be to do what rugby does and mic the referee. 

Although, we don't actually know what happened beyond what we are speculating based on what was seen in phone recorded replays and amateur lip reading. It's like it's the Zapruder film.

That sort of thing is maybe not so great either. 

38 minutes ago, Hobo said:

The only way you're likely to curtail players saying inappropriate things in game would be to do what rugby does and mic the referee. 

Although, we don't actually know what happened beyond what we are speculating based on what was seen in phone recorded replays and amateur lip reading. It's like it's the Zapruder film.

That sort of thing is maybe not so great either. 

They should mic the ref to be fair. 

We're playing a stronger team against Luton than we did against Man City. :/

Also, the board tried to restore my previous content which was simply "Fuck off", which I presume was in response to a cupset reference. 

4 hours ago, MDK said:

c362f534-de32-4510-b99c-42db086d5cf7.jpg

Ultras de Cod :lol: 

Not even the worst thing about Fleetwood's ground. When they score, their cod mascot dances on the screen and some weird naughtical tune plays. Really rubs salt in the wounds when you've gone all the way there to watch your team lose.