Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

Ok, I haven't seen The Eternals yet...still that be a problem if I see No Way Home?

• Like 1

Okay a few thoughts then:

Spoiler

CHARLIE COX IS CANON, HE APPEARED BEFORE THE TIME SHENANIGANS AAAAAHHHH

Whole cinema I was in gasped and cheered when Andrew Garfield turned up, they did for Tobey Maguire too but Garfield's reaction was huge.

Osbourne and Octavious were both incredible, really shows how well they did the villains from the original Spider-Man films that they dropped in so easily and felt so natural. I liked Garfield basically commenting how his villains were shit by comparison. Foxx really redeemed his Electro here for me, I don't think ASM2 did it any justice.

The scenes where the villains were captured under the Sanctum was great, loved it. All the Spidey interactions with each other were great too, it as everything I wanted when it started being rumoured.

Nice little Miles tease from Electro and Andrew! Hope he comes into it in the near future. Aaron Davis/Prowler as the next villain would be a nice way to bring him in (and get Donald Glover back involved), although I suppose it depends how Morbius is going to tie into things. A Sinister Six of Vulture, Scorpion, Prowler, and two more would be cool to build towards.

It's probably hand-waveable with the "Venom hivemind" thing they briefly mentioned in the Venom 2 post-credits scene but I didn't really get how Venom got pulled in when neither of them have met a Peter Parker yet, let alone know that he's Spider-Man. Nice to see the symbiote get left behind so we can get an MCU Venom now - guessing Flash?

• Like 2

I thought oh cool, I’ll just bail on work early and just go see it Thursday at 3:00pm, surely those will be sparsely attended.  Nope!  While finding a ticket isn’t a challenge, finding a screening that isn’t already like 80% sold is a hell of an issue

2 hours ago, Merry Christmaxx said:

I thought oh cool, I’ll just bail on work early and just go see it Thursday at 3:00pm, surely those will be sparsely attended.  Nope!  While finding a ticket isn’t a challenge, finding a screening that isn’t already like 80% sold is a hell of an issue

Honestly? My cinema showing was 11pm and the adult audience was packed and the reactions were appropriate and added to my experience. I recommend a late screening, it was very joyful but casual.

9 hours ago, Happy HoLintdays said:

me accidentally clicking a spoiler

Well goddammit, now I gotta see this over the weekend!

It'll be okay, there's definitely more than one thing that can be deemed a spoiler, so you've probably just heard a little bit of the plot. :) 

P.S. The trailer for Morbius looks top notch, it looks like a role perfect for Jared Leto. Very excited for it, which is odd, since I know virtually nothing about Morbius. We're getting into Marvel territory I never saw in the cartoons, comics or games.

P.P.S. Spider-Man was the last ever VHS tape I had. My mum reminded me of this fact today. :lol:

49 minutes ago, The Kraig said:

Honestly? My cinema showing was 11pm and the adult audience was packed and the reactions were appropriate and added to my experience. I recommend a late screening, it was very joyful but casual.

It'll be okay, there's definitely more than one thing that can be deemed a spoiler, so you've probably just heard a little bit of the plot. :) 

P.S. The trailer for Morbius looks top notch, it looks like a role perfect for Jared Leto. Very excited for it, which is odd, since I know virtually nothing about Morbius. We're getting into Marvel territory I never saw in the cartoons, comics or games.

P.P.S. Spider-Man was the last ever VHS tape I had. My mum reminded me of this fact today. :lol:

All my knowledge about Morbius is from the 90s cartoon, where he had the most ridiculous accent and had a lust for plaaaaasma that he somehow took from people using his hands. Always found it really odd when he featured in episodes.

As for No Way Home, for those who have seen it and not wishing to spoil the film for myself, I haven't seen the Raimi trilogy or the Amazing Spiderman films in an absolute age. Obviously I realise there's some crossover with the multiverse stuff, is it worth rewatching them first before No Way Home? Do they delve much into the content of those films beyond the characters themselves?

2 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeShabadoo said:

Home, for those who have seen it and not wishing to spoil the film for myself, I haven't seen the Raimi trilogy or the Amazing Spiderman films in an absolute age. Obviously I realise there's some crossover with the multiverse stuff, is it worth rewatching them first before No Way Home? Do they delve much into the content of those films beyond the characters themselves?

The best answer for this, is to say absolutely nothing. 

Spoiler

Really loved Garfield’s Parker, nice to see him fit really effortlessly into the MCU’s type of humor.  He definitely got the least to work with out of the Spidermen in their solo films, so it was cool to see him get some shine.  I think he showed that he could have absolutely been the MCU’s Spider-Man if Sony had balled ball sooner.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The Kraig said:

What got spoiled for me was

Spoiler

Charlie Cox back as Matt Murdock

I mean based off some comments, I KNEW it was going to happen anyway, but now I'm just so happy I need to see it

8 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:
  Hide contents

My theory is that the symbiote is the same symbiote that got it on with Topher Grace, I can’t remember the wording from Venom 2 but he was all like ‘I’m omnipresent like santa’

Spoiler

And then switched dimension? I was thinking this too. But, Topher Grace and Tom Hardy are playing alternate versions of Eddie Brock.

Alternately, I would fucking LOVE it if the symbiotes came to earth because of the actions of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Maybe someone mentioned Spider-Man's name is Peter Parker, like Thor, in casual conversation. The symbiotes are also supposed to have a hivemind, so ANY symbiote within range could know Spider-Man's identity before being sent to earth (if they accessed the hivemind) which would be worthless information but it's pretty clear the symbiotes have a crazy eidetic memory.

Either way, looking forward to them explaining it all. :)

8 hours ago, Benjamin said:

I didn’t stay for the post-credits scene as it was 2.45am and my girlfriend and I hadn’t had dinner yet :( Was it awesome? 

Just watch it online. Nothing too staggering. The MID-credits scene was much more interesting.

3 hours ago, The Kraig said:

Just watch it online. Nothing too staggering. The MID-credits scene was much more interesting.

Yeah that was the one we watched, then as usual checked Wikipedia’s plot summary which didn’t mention an end-credits scene.

Another 5 months till the next one :( 

I feel like I need a cigarette after that... such an awesome ride.

On 16/12/2021 at 02:45, Merry Kaneymas said:

Holy shit that was amazing.

Hide contents

Such an epic film that managed to make me forget Charlie Cox was in it till I saw the credits.

Charlie Cox! Daredevil! In the MCU! The cheeky bastards Marvel are to have Daredevil show up in Spider-Man 3, releasing on the same day that a certain someone appears in the Hawkeye episode that day. Love that synergy.

I thought the way they handled everything was very well done, it was so amazing to see Molina, Dafoe, Fox etc all show up and knock it out the park. But it was such a cocktease for a Sinister Six setup. Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Electro, Lizard, Sandman......why is there no sixth villain?! Kept waiting expecting someone else to show up.

I didn't expect them to introduce Garfield/Maguire the way they did but it was still awesome. I saw Thanos snap at the midnight release of Infinity War, I saw Cap catch Mjolnir opening night of Endgame, and still the biggest audience cheer I've ever witnessed was when Garfield jumped through the portal and took his mask off. Bizarre.

Really liked how Holland matured during this, his Spidey has always been a bit selfish, a bit of a dick so for him to grow up a bit was nice. Andrew Garfeld really stole the show though, I've saw all the Spidey films before and his own series was underwhelming but I kinda loved his Spidey in this the best? His personality seemed the most spot on and his moment catching MJ was really well done, without overdoing it.

Doctor Strange 2 looks really good too. I thought he was being really weirdly a huge asshole in this but eh. Enjoyed the teases of Ned with the sling ring and the cape at the end, hopefully him and MJ aren't gone for good.

Such a shame seeing how excited JHS was about Venom being in the MCU, given how brief his stay was >_>

Spoiler

Garfield got a small applause in the theatre I was in. When McGuire showed up it was a standing ovation. I love that shit at the theater.

• Like 1

NWH:

Spoiler

Just seen it and I have so many thoughts right now, but the most prevalent is just wanting to see what the Garfield and Maguire universes now look like and what happened when they went back, how the 'curing' of the villains helped etc. Their involvement in the film, interactions, everything was *chef's kiss* and has left me wanting more