Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

Good for him, getting to pivot to doing something he's writing and directing instead.  Especially if he's going to come back to do another Spider-Man film.

According to Fandango, Multiverse of Madness has already sold 5x the amount of presale tickets that the first Dr. Strange did. It's made $42m in presales alone and projections are for a $150m opening weekend. 

4 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

This film is going to be the one I reckon, all bets are off and opening up the future of the MCU. I cannot wait til tomorrow, hope you don’t need to watch the last episode of Moon Knight as I’m going straight after work.

So you are saying there is a chance Crash Bandicoot would kiss Wolverine on the lips and immediately after Crash says to the camera "better kisser than Superman"?

• Haha 5

my thoughts on Doctor Strange that I'm just gonna c&p from Letterboxd, sorry about the weird formatting but not sorry enough to do anything about it 

Spoiler

absolutely lost my shit at the riff on the cartoon X-Men theme playing when Professor Xavier was revealed 

honestly so thrilling every time Sam Raimi escapes the shackles of the Marvel Machine, and when he has to be reigned in from creating something deliriously fun and outrageously silly, he still tows the party line better than most, mixing a muted sensibility into the film 

could’ve swam in those cross fades, crash zooms and the horror drenched aesthetic forever - it’s the most distinctive Marvel film since Ragnarok and easily the most auteuristic    

what Raimi can’t do is juggle the butchering of Wanda’s characterisation, a baffling arc in the wake of Wandavision, even more frustrating because they could’ve used that show to have Wanda break bad and successfully set up her up as villain for this, which would’ve at least brought some proper emotional weight to her journey instead of reducing her to just another serviceable villain 

it’s a credit to Raimi that I had a really good time and it feels like a missed opportunity - some of the sequences were great, the tone was super fun, the fun service hit, but the emotional journeys leave a lot to be desired and it feels like that sadly is in the foundation of the film

Edited by Jimmy

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

my thoughts on Doctor Strange that I'm just gonna c&p from Letterboxd, sorry about the weird formatting but not sorry enough to do anything about it 

Hide contents

what Raimi can’t do is juggle the butchering of Wanda’s characterisation, a baffling arc in the wake of Wandavision, even more frustrating because they could’ve used that show to have Wanda break bad and successfully set up her up as villain for this, which would’ve at least brought some proper emotional weight to her journey instead of reducing her to just another serviceable villain 

Spoiler

Her journey has definitely been a strange one (no pun intended). The way I see it, the makers of Wandavision botched her heel turn. Looking back, it feels like the entire show was supposed to set her up as a villain for this movie. But then Covid put the production of the show on hold and during that break they changed plans for some reason. And what we ended up with was "They'll never understand what you sacrificed for them" and an unearned redemption for Wanda. I can't blame Raimi for largely ignoring that mess. 

Seeing it tonight. How many post-creds scenes are we getting? 2?