FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

11 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Really don't like this Portugal team, and I think about 50% of it is down to Pepe. Hope Iran somehow beat them and Queiroz goes full Sgt. Slaughter against Portugal.

I would say after today's match is not hard to not like it. We had what? 2 shots at goal?

You don't fool anyone Luis Suarez, pretending to drink coffee on your way to the pitch. We all know you're a vampire.

24 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Also, Matthew Upson sounds like Gareth Southgate.

I flicked on one game where they were talking over a clip and I was convinced it was Southgate. I think that's the only reason he's on. 

2 hours ago, MexicoJack said:

Totally. Absolutely. Never in doubt. :shifty:

It's Vicki Sparks for the record, and she's very good.

Alex Scott is a good pundit too, but she certainly wouldn't be performing lead commentary duties. That is always done by a trained broadcaster with an ex-player as colour commentator.

57 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Also, Matthew Upson sounds like Gareth Southgate.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I googled the other day to see if they're from the same place but they aren't.

• Like 1

Just now, PanamAdam said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I googled the other day to see if they're from the same place but they aren't.

They are both from England.

a-AAAAAAAAAAA-Dam

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MexicoJack said:

Alex Scott might the BBC's best commentator. Martin Keown is also surprisingly bearable currently.

The women's pundits have been the best ones so far for me both on BBC and ITV. They actually bother to do some research and try to learn about the teams. 

Just a shame you have their good points followed up by the likes of Phil Neville repeating it...