FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

1 minute ago, Gazz said:

The Southgate model is the German model. So we can look forward to 'England: 2026 World Champions' and 'England, eliminated by Djibouti in 2030' in the future.

If given an absolute choice that we win it in 2026 then go out in the groups in 2030, I would definitely take it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

None of the teams who've finished all their group matches look like potential winners yet.

There's only three teams that have actually looked impressive: Croatia, England and Belgium, and it could be argued the last two have looked impressive because of poor opposition and even then have stuggled for prolonged periods against Tunisia.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gazz said:

There's only three teams that have actually looked impressive: Croatia, England and Belgium, and it could be argued the last two have looked impressive because of poor opposition and even then have stuggled for prolonged periods against Tunisia.

WE STILL BELIEVE

• Thanks 1

Just now, PanamAdam said:

If we win the World Cup this year I think me and @PolaMDK should recreate the "Melon in a bucket of custard" Baddiel & Skinner gag just for EWB.

Fucking right we are.

FOOTBALLS COMING HOME.

• Like 2

The problem here, especially if Brazil go out tonight, is the hope almost turns into expectation, only to come crashing down to earth after a last 16/quarter finals loss.

For the record, I would be happy for England to win the whole thing.

26 minutes ago, Colombaddar said:

Still against VAR? It's make or break decisions like this that it's perfect for. Happy the right decision was made.

2!!!

I don't think anyone's particularly against it, just want it working consistently, or at least more consistently than standard reffing. I still can't believe they even flagged that 'handball' in the Argentina game that the ref immediately waved off on review, and the two man hug missed on Mitrovic essentially prevented Serbia going 2-0 up. Its steps in the right direction, but it's not there yet. 

2 minutes ago, TCO said:

I'd have to look into other planets for living options if England win the World Cup. 

Literally any other team please!

Lineker, ban him!

• Like 2

'Literally any other team please!' translates as 'Tim Flowers is a knob!' in the old Lancastrian language.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Troynisia said:

There's something real weird about seeing Germany finish bottom of their group. Sure is satisfying though. :shifty: 

Bloody kids, too young to remember 2000! :(

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Spainanite said:

Literally any team but England.

Come at me Lineker :ph34r:

Me and Adam are going to tour Scotland with our melon and custard World Cup trophy.

• Like 1