2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

4 minutes ago, Lineker said:

@TCO if the Browns do truly go for Mayfield then you can surely expect the Bills to offer up a bevy of picks to the Giants to skip ahead of the Jets... surely?

Definitely. I think regardless of who goes #1 then there'll be takers. #12, #22,#53 and next years 1st would be around the price. Is any running back worth that? 

Obvious thing is to just take the QB and I'm hoping that's what happens.

35 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Jason Boris mock draft. He's usually up there amongst the most accurate mock drafters.

He has the Cardinals taking Rosen too. Am I allowed to get hopeful yet? I'd be over the moon if that happened. The most common selection in NFL.com mocks for us is Calvin Ridley, which I'd also be very happy with.

I don't think it's too likely we trade up to the Top 5-10, it's not Keim's style. It's looking more and more like we may not even have to to get a top signal caller which baffles me to be honest. Everyone reckons we're the second most likely team to trade up for a QB after Buffalo, but I've been preparing myself to sit at #15 and take what we can QB-wise, and if none are left drafting a Wide Receiver or a Guard.

I did a mock draft, competing with a friend. I also have Rosen going to Arizona, after they trade up with Chicago.

In fact, let me just copy the whole thing over.

1 Cleveland Browns Baker Mayfield  
2 New York Giants Saquon Barkley  
3 New York Jets Sam Darnold  
4 Cleveland Browns Bradley Chubb  
5 Denver Broncos Quenton Nelson  
6 Buffalo Bills* Josh Allen (from Ind)
7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Derwin James  
8 Arizona Cardinals* Josh Rosen (from Chi)
9 San Francisco 49ers Roquan Smith  
10 Oakland Raiders Mike McGlinchey  
11 Miami Dolphins Tremaine Edmunds  
12 Indianapolis Colts* Denzel Ward (from Buf)
13 Washington Redskins Vita Vea  
14 New Orleans Saints* Lamar Jackson (from GB)
15 Chicago Bears* Minkah Fitzpatrick (from Ari)
16 Baltimore Ravens Calvin Ridley  
17 Los Angeles Chargers Da'Ron Payne  
18 Indianapolis Colts* Marcus Davenport (from Sea)
19 Dallas Cowboys Courtland Sutton  
20 Detroit Lions Harold Landry  
21 Cincinnati Bengals Frank Ragnow  
22 Seattle Seahawks* Josh Jackson (from Buf via Ind)
23 New England Patriots Taven Bryan  
24 Carolina Panthers D.J. Moore  
25 Tennessee Titans Rashaan Evans  
26 Atlanta Falcons Maurice Hurst  
27 Green Bay Packers* Jaire Alexander (from NO)
28 Pittsburgh Steelers Derrius Guice  
29 Jacksonville Jaguars Hayden Hurst  
30 Minnesota Vikings Will Hernandez  
31 New England Patriots Mason Rudolph  
32 Cleveland Browns* Sony Michel (from Phi)

44 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

I did a mock draft, competing with a friend. I also have Rosen going to Arizona, after they trade up with Chicago.

Out of interest, what did the Bears get from the Cardinals in that trade?

Edited by Jake O. Rhodes

Just now, Los Ingobernables De VP said:

I used to love day one, when we got fucking second and third round, but that shitbag fuck face Goodell ruined my draft weekend. 

True that. I use to wake up Saturday morning and not move all day Saturday and Sunday. Ahh youth. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Meacon said:

True that. I use to wake up Saturday morning and not move all day Saturday and Sunday. Ahh youth. 

Same. My brother would usually come to my parents home with a bunch of beer and we'd just sit there. Granted, it could be a long and excruciating process to get in between your teams picks, but it was fun to watch things take shape throughout Saturday. 

I'm actually kind of more fascinated by rounds 3-5 just to see what type of guys fall, who the hidden gems might be, or how the team fills holes that aren't with the "blue chip" prospects. The 1st is fun just for the shenanigans of course, and 6-7 you sorta don't give a shit and hope the team finds a gem that can contribute on special teams (or you get lucky and find a Theo Riddick like Detroit did in 2013). 

But I love the NFL draft, it's been referred to as the Detroit Lions Super Bowl. Mostly during the Millen years because it always represented our chance to really figure things out, unfortunately our GMs usually shit the bed. I had a dream last night where I was bitching to my dad's old friend about the Lions passing on Demarcus Ware, Shawn Merriman, and Derek Johnson to draft fucking Mike Williams when it was A. Their third WR in three years in the first round, B. He was lazy and hadn't played in a year, and C. WE NEEDED LINEBACKERS AND PASS RUSHERS FOR FUCK SAKE AND THREE VERY GOOD ONES WERE RIGHT THERE!!!!! That really still sticks in my craw. 

Or passing on David Harris for fucking Drew Stanton, when we needed....LINEBACKERS AND PASS RUSHERS. 

This year...we need defensive lineman badly, so that should give you an idea of my reaction when if we do something silly. I won't gripe over offensive lineman or a linebacker, but christ, nothing stupid like a TE. I'm expecting it'll be Harold Landry or Marcus Davenport though, maybe Hurst or Taven Bryan. If Vita Vea somehow fell that would be a dream scenario, but he's probably not falling out of the top 15. 

6 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

I really hate the whole 1st round in primetime nonsense. It's so over-the-top that I usually mute my TV and occasionally miss picks. So many talking heads who know nothing about these players since none of them watch college football.

I've ignored all of the pre-draft analysis this year. They run out of things to talk about after a couple weeks, then it's just the same talking points over and over. And over.

And over.