NFL 2018

Lineker

Rosen will be fine. He was just trying to make too many plays, something a lot of young quarterbacks do when they’re on shitty teams (why hello rookie year Peyton Manning...)

Not that I think Rosen will be Manning, but he’s gonna be a good one. Just needs the game to slow down a bit which comes with time.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

He made a couple of great plays in the Seahawks game a couple of weeks ago. I think in a year or two he's going to be a real asset.

Sidenote, one of my friends was at that game. His brother is a Cardinals fan and won tickets from Justin Pugh on twitter. Pugh sounds like a great guy, organised it all for them over DM on Twitter

Anyway he said he was very impressed by Rosen on the day and was high on him before the draft! He's the QB for he Irish national team (which isn't great admittedly) but he'd certainly know more than you or I about QBs!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TCO said:

Sidenote, one of my friends was at that game. His brother is a Cardinals fan and won tickets from Justin Pugh on twitter. Pugh sounds like a great guy, organised it all for them over DM on Twitter

Anyway he said he was very impressed by Rosen on the day and was high on him before the draft! He's the QB for he Irish national team (which isn't great admittedly) but he'd certainly know more than you or I about QBs!

When is the Irish National team’s next game? Are they televised? I’d love to catch a game online just to see the style of play and talent level.

17 minutes ago, Meacon said:

When is the Irish National team’s next game? Are they televised? I’d love to catch a game online just to see the style of play and talent level.

They're playing Belgium tomorrow coincidentally! It's their first time playing after a 2 year hiatus. I don't think it'll be recorded at all, not a major following and the standard is poor. My friend expects Belgium to be a league above them.

I would go but I have something on and it's in Navan rather than Dublin for some reason!

On 19/10/2018 at 06:45, Busch Luck Fale said:

Larry's a case where as much as I like him and would love to see him win a ring, it's such a rarity in sports nowadays to see a player of his level spend their whole career with one team that I'd want him to stay in Arizona.

The 2004 draft sure was something.  Fitz, Ben, Eli, and Rivers all remaining in their organizations for 15 seasons.

Well, not so much Eli and Rivers exactly. :P

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lineker said:

I've never heard that story, really sad and interesting. I'm surprised I didn't see it brought up during coverage of the Aaron Hernandez murder trial.

I noticed in that article that Carruth's trial lawyer was David Rudolf. Same guy from "The Staircase", Michael Peterson's murder trial?

I get the decision. You back your guys to score at the 1 yard line given the uncertainty of overtime and fatigue issue.

It's a long game after a lot of travel and disruption. Play-call was questionable but it wasn't as ostentatiously risky as it looks.

• Like 1

I was fine with Vrabel’s call.  It’s not even the first gutsy call he’s made...he’s had a few, most notably going for it on 4th down in OT vs Philly instead of kicking a game-tying FG.

This was the first one that didn’t work and now suddenly people are criticizing him.  Whether it works or not you either like the aggressive playcalling or you don’t, you can’t have it both ways.

• Like 1