Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

1 hour ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Surely this is the last job that Mark Hughes gets in the Premier League for a while? The guy never really has a vision or a plan, or not that I can tell anyway. 

Big Sam for the post?

You would hope so wouldn't you. Said the same with Pardew after his last sacking. This lot, Allardyce and Bruce included, need to stop being given jobs as if they're good managers when none of them have done a thing to merit that opinion in years.

3 hours ago, Gazz said:

He's got that 'Premier League experience' that every boring board of directors fall back on when making an appointment. Looking at the bottom of table, most of the managers down there seem relatively safe, for example I can't see Huddersfield or Cardiff sacking their managers regardless of how results go. He'll probably end up at Burnley if they sack Dyche or Newcastle if Rafa leaves at the end of the season and there's no takeover in the mean time.

I doubt Colin will see the season out and a lot of Huddersfield fans were suggesting that Wagner should leave a couple of games ago, whether they've changed their minds after a couple of victories I'm not sure. 

2 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

Who have always been in the Premier League? Everton must’ve been shitter longer than Spurs

Since the Premier League came to be in 1992, only Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal and Everton have played in every season. Everton have only finished in the top 4 once and were pretty dreadful for most of the 90s but under David Moyes were a consistent presence in the top 6-8 for a long time. Spurs were, I'd say, a mediocre team for the majority of the first 20 years of the PL era, they've only really come on strong since Harry Redknapp was in charge and then of course Pochettino has taken them to the next level.

When I was growing up Spurs were a midtable team who occasionally did better, like West Ham or Middlesbrough.

Joe Gomez is such a good player. Come on leaps and bounds within the last two seasons. 

Man City need to piss off winning...it's gonna be another case of us finishing 2nd with a points total that would normally win the league. 

Danny Welbeck is the latest Arsenal player to be told that he will not be getting a new contract. 

The thing that concerns me, is not only that I would rather we hold onto both Welbeck and Ramsey, but that we are losing two “home-grown” players and by all accounts, those rules may be tightened sooner rather than later.