NFL 2019

Maxx

14 minutes ago, Carlos Buschtran said:

I want Matt Rhule.  He has some ties to the organization as he was assistant OL coach with the Giants in 2012.

That said, I could see hotshot college coaches avoiding this franchise like the plague.

It sounds like Rhule is interested and the Giants obviously have just as much interest.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

It sounds like Rhule is interested and the Giants obviously have just as much interest.

If Rhule actually wants the job, it’s his and whatever other interviews they conduct are window dressing or fulfilling their Rooney Rule obligations.

It also means they’re going to have to find a minority candidate willing to take an interview for a job they know they won’t get...kinda like Louis Riddick interviewing for the GM job when it was always going to Gettleman.

I get why the rule exists but it can’t work properly when most owners want to hire friends or previous connections and refuse to keep an open mind.

Reading comments of Steelers fans about the end of their season and it's a mixed bag of who to blame but uh maybe go get a better QB after Rapelisburger went down?

I mean I've not ever been a Kaep defender but after a couple games where it was clear that Rudolph and Hodges wasn't the answer he'd have been a way better choice - there were some teams like Miami with Fitzmagic, Washington with Keenum, Tennessee with Mariota, Baltimore with RGIII - and probably more - all possible trade partners.

You've already traded away your picks, why not try and wrangle a better QB and shoot for the playoffs

6 hours ago, DanishmadePunk said:

Partly correct. He kicked the NFC championship to Atlanta in the 98 season. After Gary Anderson of the 15-1 Vikings put his kick wide left (his first miss in two years at that point). But i do like both Adam V and Justin T as much as the next guy. So i agree with your argument to some degree.  

Andersen, for me, is like Frank Gore. They played for a long time, I wouldn't argue if either of them went into the Hall of Fame, but I wouldn't put them on a list like this.

If he'd made that kick to get to the Super Bowl, I probably wouldn't have even posted, tbh. It's just hard to list him over Vinatieri, who has the Tuck Rule kick in a snowstorm and the Super Bowl kicks, Tucker, who's statistically the best ever, or Stenerud, who created the modern style.

I’m guessing with Tucker it’s more to do with the fact that he’s only in his 8th season.  The majority of guys on the list had very long careers, and as a kicker who only just turned 30, he might not even be halfway through his career yet.

If this list was done 5 years from now he’d probably be on it as he’s certainly on track to join Stenerud, Andersen, and eventually Vinatieri in the Hall.

6 minutes ago, Carlos Buschtran said:

That would be a mistake on Dallas’ part.  Garrett should go yes but guys like Kellen Moore and Jon Kitna should stick around unless the new coach insists on bringing in his own crew.

Kitna should absolutely stick around, but you can’t attract a quality head coach by forcing an offensive coordinator on him.

Apparently it might just be all the coaches with expiring contracts that are getting let go.

15 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Kitna should absolutely stick around, but you can’t attract a quality head coach by forcing an offensive coordinator on him.

6 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

You really eliminate a lot of possible candidates the minute you force certain conditions on them, especially the assistants they must work with.

Not saying they force an offensive coordinator on the new coach.  More just that they retain him for now and allow the new coach to make a decision vs allowing them to hit the market.

That said if they’re only letting the guys with expiring deals to that makes more sense.

26 minutes ago, Meacon say “Feliz Navidad” said:

A Baylor linebacker told the press that Rhule’s team address boiled down to the fact that he’d be an idiot to not at least take an interview with an NFL team if offered one. It’ll be interesting to see if it’s a Dallas vs Giants deal now.

That would make me nervous.  Unless the Giants really are Rhule’s “dream job” as some reporters have claimed, Dallas would put him in a way better position to succeed for the next few seasons.

Just because it's so Lions...

The Packers never held a lead in regulation in both games against the Lions. The Lions lost both.

Yay can't wait to see this fucked up crew botch the third overall pick. This would have been an optimal time to just cut bait on everything and fucking rebuild from the ground up.

18 minutes ago, Carlos Buschtran said:

Not saying they force an offensive coordinator on the new coach.  More just that they retain him for now and allow the new coach to make a decision vs allowing them to hit the market.

That said if they’re only letting the guys with expiring deals to that makes more sense.

That would make me nervous.  Unless the Giants really are Rhule’s “dream job” as some reporters have claimed, Dallas would put him in a way better position to succeed for the next few seasons.

Yeah Rhule can realistically win the Super Bowl next year with Dallas, something that even the most optimistic Giants fan knows won't happen if he goes there.

Jerry can go after Rhule or Mullen and likely wind up with one of them.