NFL 2019

Maxx

I would, too. I should have clarified what I meant:

McDaniels hasn't been a head coach in almost 10 years, and had 8-8 and 3-9 (fired with 4 games left) seasons with the Broncos He's better off staying on with the Patriots, for now. 

I'm obviously not a fan of Garrett, but the Browns are likely to end up with a bad to mediocre coach, anyway. Garrett wouldn't have to be quite as much of as a yes-man as he was with the Cowboys, and would actually have *some* say in who they draft and sign. This would give Garrett an opportunity to prove he's a better head coach than he's been given credit for, and signing a coach that hasn't been a head coach in years or a first time head coach would not be a good idea. 

I could be wrong, but I'd think the three least desireable head coaching jobs right now would be Dallas (Jerry controlling everything), Cleveland (the team's long history of failure), and Washington (All the crap Snyder has done as their owner). 

P.S. Of the first round of playoffs, I'm actually looking forward to the Patriots-Titans game. Will be interesting to see if New England can contain Henry.

Edited by GhostMachine

7 hours ago, Lineklaus said:

The funniest thing for me is the Giants keeping Gettleman.

I’m not surprised.  From 1978 through 2017 they only had three General Managers, and two of them retired.  For the Giants to fire a GM in two years goes completely against their history.  And as much as I dislike Gettleman, these were always going to be two rough seasons while they waited to escape cap hell.  Any new GM would be handcuffed to the Barkley and Jones picks rather than getting a chance to build from the ground up. 

39 minutes ago, Meacon say “Feliz Navidad” said:

I really wanted better for Ron Rivera. There’s no way that ends well simply because it’s Washington.

I don't know the terms but a 5 year deal probably means he'll have some say over personnel or at the very least a hefty salary and buyout. I too wanted better and thought he could really do something with a Cleveland or Dallas. But alas.

Also, the Jags are keeping Marrone.

The Browns are planning on interviewing any and all assistants on the 49ers staff, basically: Defensive Coordinator Robert Saleh, Run Game Coordinator Mike McDaniel and Pass Game Coordinator Mike LaFleur (younger brother of Packers coach Matt LaFleur). 

I question if any of them will be given any legit shots but I think there's enough depth on the staff to overcome any of their losses. 

He simply said "yeah, I plan on it" when asked in a Sugar Bowl presser if he was staying at Baylor.

I trust it about as much as I trust Chase Young saying he was planning on returning to Ohio State when he was asked two weeks ago.  It's an answer nobody can actually hold them to because they're simply trying to not cause distraction ahead of a big game.