NFL 2019

Maxx

1 minute ago, Lineker said:

So @Lowerdeck, what had you been saying about the regular season just being a 17 week pre-season?

Just now, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

The smugness. Has your regular season started yet? :lol: 

Jinx, @Lineker!

Well now their just back on week 1 of the preseason

2 minutes ago, Carlos Buschtran said:

This will be only the fourth Brady, Manning, or Roethlisberger-less Super Bowl in the past two decades.

One of these things is not like the other

The oh my god is Brady going to leave the Patriots narrative is already tired and incredibly stupid.  Even with his diminished skill set he’s better than any QB they could get to start in his place.  There’s no way their receiving corps will be as bad as they were this year and Belichick is shift to a run heavy dink and dunk offense to mask Brady’s weaknesses just like he did in the first few years of his career.

If Brady wants to keep playing, the Patriots will allow him to do so.

• Like 1

Surprised no-one in here (unless I missed it) seemed to talk about the Bills' TD that wasn't at the start of the 3rd Quarter.

In a Slack chat I have with one of the websites I write for, there were a lot of people saying it should have stayed a TD and I kinda felt like it should have done as well. A signal to your blockers isn't the same as taking a knee or a safe catch signal, so whether it was 'common sense' that he was giving himself up as the commentator suggested, he didn't actually do it in any of the ways you should do according to the rules as far as I'm aware.

17 minutes ago, Liam said:

Surprised no-one in here (unless I missed it) seemed to talk about the Bills' TD that wasn't at the start of the 3rd Quarter.

In a Slack chat I have with one of the websites I write for, there were a lot of people saying it should have stayed a TD and I kinda felt like it should have done as well. A signal to your blockers isn't the same as taking a knee or a safe catch signal, so whether it was 'common sense' that he was giving himself up as the commentator suggested, he didn't actually do it in any of the ways you should do according to the rules as far as I'm aware.

On the one hand, according to the rulebook it was indeed still a live ball, but I think it would've been a controversial shitshow if they had let it stand. And if the Texans had come up short in part due to that moment, it would've been all the worse than the Bills falling apart down the stretch to lose.

I think ultimately, the call was the right one, not the correct one, but definitely in the moment it would've been worse to give it than to roll it back.

These kinds of touchbacks happen all the time, and to make the one time it gets called correctly into a wildcard defining ruling, I don't think anyone but Buffalo and the strictest traditionalists would've taken that positively.

Ultimately, the Bills didn't lose to that moment, they lost because they fell apart when it mattered, and both Watt and Watson showed up with huge momentum shifting plays when the Texans seemed completely incapable of playing football.

On the other end, Josh Allen went full Eli Manning in the second half. He had no control of the offense, made mistake after mistake, and occassionally fluked into a positive, but ultimately made enough mistakes to completely deflate the Bills, which in turned lit a fire under the Texans that would carry them to victory.

But holy shit, as a neutral fan, that game was a purgatory to watch. Both teams honestly deserve to go home after that.

• Like 2