NFL 2019

Maxx

Apparently the feeling is they are done with their search and it’s likely McCarthy.

Or everything else was a formality and it was secretly always Jeff Fisher

45 minutes ago, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

I’m gonna assume Marvin Lewis was the formality and it’s McCarthy because nobody could really be stupid enough to give Jeff fucking Fisher a head coaching position again, right?

The speculation is that Marvin Lewis might end up being the defensive coordinator, so it was to cover the Rooney Rule and also be an introductory meeting about that. 

9 minutes ago, Troy said:

I've just realized if my playoff predictions come true, the Super Bowl is going to be a direct repeat of 2013. I hope I'm right and I hope it's the same result. :wub: 

Even with the power outage?

My concern with Marvin Lewis working for the Cowboys is that they are going to cut out the middle man and just start recruiting players straight out of prison

It took them a week to fire Garrett but a day to hire his replacement. 

McCarthy is a solid get and I had him as a top target for the Giants before Rhulemania started. Not really a college guy but it all points to Rhule as the NYG HC now, is he a good in-game coach? I know he's the hot college pick to jump to the NFL this year but I was hoping for a guy with NFL experience to right the ship. 

1 minute ago, Lineker said:

Rams have fired Wade Phillips as DC.

His contract just expired but I can't imagine that's a good thing for them. We'll see though. 

I wonder if he is interested in another job, actually.

Edited by livid

5 hours ago, DYSI said:

It took them a week to fire Garrett but a day to hire his replacement. 

There was some speculation that the Cowboys were just going to let Garrett's contract run out, because it apparently ends later this month. 

*edited to add* Since I posted this, I read that some in the Cowboys organization wanted Dan Mullen to be the new head coach. Glad we dodged that bullet.

Edited by GhostMachine