NFL 2019

Maxx

2 hours ago, Liam said:

Surprised no-one in here (unless I missed it) seemed to talk about the Bills' TD that wasn't at the start of the 3rd Quarter.

In a Slack chat I have with one of the websites I write for, there were a lot of people saying it should have stayed a TD and I kinda felt like it should have done as well. A signal to your blockers isn't the same as taking a knee or a safe catch signal, so whether it was 'common sense' that he was giving himself up as the commentator suggested, he didn't actually do it in any of the ways you should do according to the rules as far as I'm aware.

Technically it should have stayed a TD but countless times in the regular season it doesn't. Nobody would willingly just toss the ball away like that without kneeling, so the officials should have gone off of that (which they wound up doing).

Maybe next year they'll put a bigger focus on making sure a player does kneel.

The more important rule to fix is the one that allowed the Titans to burn almost 2 minutes off the clock on one play.

I'd say Brady's most likely options are returning to the Pats or going to the Chargers for the money/challenge.

I never found it likely he was going to retire.  He's said repeatedly he wants to play until 45, and there hasn't been much indication he'd do otherwise.

2 hours ago, Liam said:

Surprised no-one in here (unless I missed it) seemed to talk about the Bills' TD that wasn't at the start of the 3rd Quarter.

In a Slack chat I have with one of the websites I write for, there were a lot of people saying it should have stayed a TD and I kinda felt like it should have done as well. A signal to your blockers isn't the same as taking a knee or a safe catch signal, so whether it was 'common sense' that he was giving himself up as the commentator suggested, he didn't actually do it in any of the ways you should do according to the rules as far as I'm aware.

It's an illegal forward pass by rule. He didn't take a knee or call for a fair catch (single hand above his head by rule). He then threw the ball forward illegally rendering it an incomplete pass and by rule it was a safety.

I hate this "common sense" bullshit that people were talking about, it was a live play soon as he caught it. Should have been 2 points to the Bills and the ball back which would have been huge. 

24 minutes ago, Lowerdeck said:

I'd say Brady's most likely options are returning to the Pats or going to the Chargers for the money/challenge.

I never found it likely he was going to retire.  He's said repeatedly he wants to play until 45, and there hasn't been much indication he'd do otherwise.

I think the Chargers, who are desperately trying to sell season tickets, will move heaven and Earth to get Brady. But I think there's mutual interest. They're in LA where he'll live full time and they have a fantastic supporting cast.

10 hours ago, JMarushin said:

One of these things is not like the other

Yeah, Brady hasn't sexually assaulted anybody. 

As for the playoffs, I'm hoping to see Seattle vs. Baltimore in the Super Bowl. Probably my two favorite teams besides my loveable losers due to how they built their teams.

Plus Jackson vs. Wilson are the two best QBs in the league (or you can argue Rodgers) and I think that would be a fun showdown.

• Like 1

I feel uneasy about playing Tennessee next weekend. Ravens are a better team but I think the Titans can keep the game close by holding the ball for a long time (even if they only score like 20) and make it come down to those critical bounces of the ball that determine so many playoff games.

3 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

I think the Chargers, who are desperately trying to sell season tickets, will move heaven and Earth to get Brady. But I think there's mutual interest. They're in LA where he'll live full time and they have a fantastic supporting cast.

People seem to think the Pats aren’t going to improve their offense, and I don’t know why because they are always doing that.  They added Antonio Brown this year, if he hadn’t been a blithering psychopath, they would have a top tier WR on the team.  They added one and lost him due to circumstances outside of their control.

They will decide they need to add more weapons and get a good one, for an absurdly cheap price, as they always do.

Meanwhile, Marvin Lewis is allegedly telling teams he *must* be allowed to bring in Hue Jackson as his offensive coordinator, because apparently Marvin Lewis doesn’t want a new job.

• Haha 1

I have no problem with Marvin Lewis bringing Hue Jackson in as part of his coaching staff. As long as its on any team but Dallas, that is.

(To be honest, Hue Jackson would be a good choice for Dallas' OC, as long as there is no chance whatsoever of him becoming head coach down the road.)

29 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Hue Jackson was really good as an OC though it's not often good to set a lot of demands.

Hue Jackson was actually pretty decent as the Raiders head coach as well. If Jason Campbell hadn't gotten injured he probably leads them to the playoffs in 2011 without trading for Carson Palmer. If he does that he probably stays in Oakland for a while and who knows what happens.

I don't think Hue is really as bad as his time in Cleveland makes him seem. He's not a top tier coach, but in a stable organization I think he'd be decent. He is probably better as a coordinator, though.

• Like 3

I feel for him on that one. Clowney has smashed into the back of his helmet on the way to the ground and the timing of it is just unfortunate, because he gets that crack to the back of the head then his face smacks the floor to compound it. Wouldn't surprise me if he was out the rest of the game now.