NFL 2019

Maxx

I'm sure it didn't help but sounds like it was in the works for a bit. It sounds like they're trying to make it so that they can attract good candidates by offering them some say in organizational structure and Dorsey just didn't want to stick around in a do-nothing position. 

8 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

It's not the worst idea to give a coach some say in the GM, basically aligning philosophies. That said it's the Browns and they have zero goodwill built up that they know what they are doing at all.

Plus even if they do end up hiring the right people (big if for the Browns), does Haslam have the patience to see it through?

The 49ers had to basically do the same thing when they hired Lynch and Shanahan but things weren't looking as rosy a year ago as they are now, including various news reports about there being strife between them. 

2 hours ago, Carlos Buschtran said:

The stunt McDaniels pulled on the Colts still has me thinking he’s already been told he’s getting the Pats job whenever Bill decides to wrap up.

I was under the impression that Kraft basically interfered to get back at the Colts for Deflategate. I don't know if he promised McDaniels the keys though. Not that it matters. Kraft would gladly pay any buyout for McDaniels if he is the handpicked successor.

• Like 3