NFL 2019

Maxx

5 hours ago, Carlos Buschtran said:

Judge still wouldn't have been my choice, but it's done now and I just gotta hope for the best.  Between the Barkley and Jones picks and now the Judge hire, Gettleman won't be around much longer if this team doesn't start winning some games.

While I've been listening to the Giants get killed on WFAN all morning, while there's an obvious systematic problem with NFL hiring practices, I'm not sure how fair it is to say that about the Giants in this case given that they interviewed Bieniemy as well as Kris Richard.  They also had Jerry Reese as their GM for over ten years and interviewed two black candidates for his replacement.  I don't think they hired Judge because they're racists - they hired him because he surprised them in their interview and they came out of it impressed enough to make him the fallback option once the Panthers blindsided them with a crazy offer for Rhule.

If there's anything that intrigues me about Judge...special teams coordinators have to work with players on both sides of the ball already, and their job is different in that other than the kicker, punter, and long snapper, they have no real say in roster construction and have to take whatever pieces they're given and mold them into a functional special teams unit.  It's a unique perspective if nothing else.  And hey John Harbaugh was one of the few special teams coordinators to get a head coaching gig and that worked out well.

Tbf it's mainly Gio, who doesn't really even care and just stirs the pot, and Maggie, who has been anti-Giants for a while now for some odd reason. I think the majority of people are coming around and giving him a shot, mainly because of his Alabama/Patriots ties, and the fact that John Harbaugh was a ST coach before he went to Baltimore. >_>

8 hours ago, Carlos Buschtran said:

Judge still wouldn't have been my choice, but it's done now and I just gotta hope for the best.  Between the Barkley and Jones picks and now the Judge hire, Gettleman won't be around much longer if this team doesn't start winning some games.

While I've been listening to the Giants get killed on WFAN all morning, while there's an obvious systematic problem with NFL hiring practices, I'm not sure how fair it is to say that about the Giants in this case given that they interviewed Bieniemy as well as Kris Richard.  They also had Jerry Reese as their GM for over ten years and interviewed two black candidates for his replacement.  I don't think they hired Judge because they're racists - they hired him because he surprised them in their interview and they came out of it impressed enough to make him the fallback option once the Panthers blindsided them with a crazy offer for Rhule.

If there's anything that intrigues me about Judge...special teams coordinators have to work with players on both sides of the ball already, and their job is different in that other than the kicker, punter, and long snapper, they have no real say in roster construction and have to take whatever pieces they're given and mold them into a functional special teams unit.  It's a unique perspective if nothing else.  And hey John Harbaugh was one of the few special teams coordinators to get a head coaching gig and that worked out well.

The HCs with Special Teams backgrounds to my knowledge are Harbaugh and Belichick (who did ST for like 5 years before another 5 as DC). So that's good company.

My mom is a 49ers fan, one of my really good friends is a. 49ers fan.  The Cowboys/49ers rivalry has been dead for 20+ years.  I should be able to enjoy the joy their post season run may bring to people I care about.

And yet when I think about this Vikings/49ers game my immediate response is fuck them, go Vikings.

I think it’s because without the Patriots or an NFC East team left, my football hatred has no other direction left to go

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

My mom is a 49ers fan, one of my really good friends is a. 49ers fan.  The Cowboys/49ers rivalry has been dead for 20+ years.  I should be able to enjoy the joy their post season run may bring to people I care about.

And yet when I think about this Vikings/49ers game my immediate response is fuck them, go Vikings.

I think it’s because without the Patriots or an NFC East team left, my football hatred has no other direction left to go

I mean, boy oh boy, did the Packers beat up on the Cowboys earlier this season :shifty:

1 hour ago, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

Football is a game of inches. You gotta go just one game at a time. You run the ball to set up the pass. Defense wins championships and you’re only as good as your record says you are, Busch!

A lot of times it comes down to execution, and we just didn't execute. Look, we're going to continue to review film and work hard. My guys fought for sixty minutes. 

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

*ahem* FUCK THE PACKERS!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, livid said:

I mean, boy oh boy, did the Packers beat up on the Cowboys earlier this season :shifty:

Well aware, I was there.

So your hate should be directed towards them not the 49ers, they haven't done anything to you in years!

That said, I would absolutely be rooting for the Vikings if they were playing the Cowboys so I can't blame you I guess. 

I work with a Vikings fan and told him this week that out of all the teams we could lose to in the playoffs, the Vikings is the team I wouldn't be too upset about. But if the 49ers lose to the Packers, Seahawks, or Ravens? Fuck...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

A lot of times it comes down to execution, and we just didn't execute. Look, we're going to continue to review film and work hard. My guys fought for sixty minutes. 

“They fought for sixty minutes” was said in literally every single Shurmur post-game conference.