Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

This isn't the game for both Rice and Phillips to be playing in, I can't remember either of them doing anything of note in the first half, and especially Rice could be sacrificed for someone more creative.

Why is Phil Foden the target man for these corners?

Harry Kane is playing completely the wrong role in my opinion. With him dropping deep to get the ball so much, he doesn’t have the pace to get back into the box in enough time.

He needs to stick to being a classic number 9 and putting the ball in the net. For England, he needs to be that player.

Southgate can't deviate from his one plan. Surprised he took Foden off for Grealish, thought he should have taken one off Rice/Phillips off and tried to go for it a bit more. 

I know it's miserable, but I wouldn't risk taking a midfielder off. It's been a proper derby game, Scotland have probably had the better chances, and a point probably sees us through anyway. Obviously I'd prefer us to go for it, but I can understand why be hasn't.

• Like 1