Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

England are looking great, need to score more goals, but at least they didn't concede anything. The youth in this team is immense but the calmness to control the game and even wind down a clock confidently is a very new thing...I've never seen an England team like this. They are focused, serious, confident and full of energy. Pickford's been great today as well. So quick to respond to any scent of danger, no blunders.

The fact the captain's armband is getting passed around so much tells you that it doesn't really matter that much, they all know their roles and it's working well. Huge feather in the cap for Southgate destroying that stupid "never won an opening game" hoodoo.

Happy for the die-hards getting to see England win as hosts. :)

• Like 1

Solid result. Phillips was our best player and surely must keep his place going forward. We do need to create a few more proper chances, but its good we converted our best move of the game, plus didn't make any killer mistakes. 

Croatia... never looked like they got out of 2nd gear. Tbh, the weather was always gonna be a challenge and it was never gonna be a game played at 100 mph. 

Just now, Chris2K said:

My dedication to watch every game of this tournament will be severely tested by Austria vs. North Macedonia whilst it's 27 degrees outside.

Dude! Get the radio on and enjoy the day! The radio commentary is usually way better as well, your mind will tell the story better than the TV half the time.

4 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Called it.

Well yeah. It's coming to Glasgow tomorrow. The home of international football. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, damshow said:

It came up in the US broadcast from one of our studio analysts but it's funny how we hear 27C/78F and think that's perfect weather for a game while all you hear from English analysts is how that's simply too hot for a game.

If I walk outside right now, I will turn to red dust. It's 23C.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I'm looking forward to the next match because it involves a team in its first major tournament. I said that yesterday as well, but I had no way of knowing what would end up happening then.

Despite my previous comment, I'm going out to enjoy the day, but I am fully behind North Macedonia. They worked hard to get here and the fact Pandev gets to represent his country on the big stage will probably get me a bit teary eyed.

Hopefully be back in time for kick off.

Harry Kane should take notes about that.

PS, I'm watching the game because, 27 degrees or not, your neighbour deciding that 5pm is the best time to cut their grass is a deal-breaker for sitting outside.

PANDEV!!!!!

Although that really shouldn't count, the keeper must have been fouled.