Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

2 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Ukraine's keeper has made so many good saves today, and then somehow didn't save that. He also gave the ball away really cheaply too.

Life of a keeper really. Amazing first half, and effectively handed the Dutch 2 goals in the second.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Ale Moreno is still even worse for me (his color commentator). He has played professional football, yet always has the dumbest takes and analysis. Cangialosi's at least got the excuse that he's really a hockey commentator first and foremost, but yeah, he has no business calling matches.

Yeah I think this is a fair assessment. No excuse for the former player to sound like a dope. At least the lead play-by-play guy has some excuse. And I would argue he's likely trying as best he can to prepare for these games even if calling football isn't really in his skillset. He absolutely is calling this like it's hockey.

Great game, loved the comeback by Ukraine but they gave away the game unfortunately. I feel for Yarmalenko because his goal and assists were superb.

Netherlands deserved it overall, but showed their fragility big time. Their route through the tournament looks fairly straight-forward but I wouldn't be surprised if they got upset in the knockouts by a less-fancied team.

38 minutes ago, Adam said:

Great game, loved the comeback by Ukraine but they gave away the game unfortunately. I feel for Yarmalenko because his goal and assists were superb.

Netherlands deserved it overall, but showed their fragility big time. Their route through the tournament looks fairly straight-forward but I wouldn't be surprised if they got upset in the knockouts by a less-fancied team.

Group C was, for me at least, the hardest to predict. Outside of North Macedonia there are 3 teams that have a lot of talent on paper but are so inconsistent and perhaps in their heads too much.

I think watching every match out of this group is essential viewing though, might be filled with drama. Especially if the Macedonians can take advantage of one team's inconsistency in the final two matches.

• Like 1

Really excited for this, the teams a bit of a letdown given the injuries/knocks to Tierney and Che but I still think we can top this group :w00t:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

No Ché Adams? Fuck.

I also have a dilemma. Scotland always lose when I watch the whole game. I am watching the whole game. 😐

This is already the best atmosphere of the tournament. :D

Hope Scotland can get a good result! Made up for Robbo to get to captain Scotland at a major tournament 

35 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Really excited for this, the teams a bit of a letdown given the injuries/knocks to Tierney and Che but I still think we can top this group :w00t:

I don’t think this tournament will be a problem. We need to start thinking about how we will defend it in 2024.

• Thanks 1