Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

31 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Man - this commentator on ESPN is the fucking worst. Just have Jon Champion covering all the games.

The PBP man is a hockey commentator, so I have no idea why he's calling Euros, madness. It's made worse by having Ale Moreno as his partner who is fucking dreadful and even worse. They've really made this match presentation as awful as possible. The only benefit for me with ESPN having the rights is that every match is on TV instead of having to stream it, which would definitely be the case with NBC or CBS.

How have Switzerland not won this? So many chances now.

Just now, Bad News Jericode said:

Ward has been Wales man of the match by a good margin.

Moore, Ramsey and James did some good work as well. Bale has been virtually anonymous.

WHAT A FUCKING SAVE. Okay, give it to Ward. :o

1 minute ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

The PBP man is a hockey commentator, so I have no idea why he's calling Euros, madness. It's made worse by having Ale Moreno as his partner who is fucking dreadful and even worse. They've really made this match presentation as awful as possible. The only benefit for me with ESPN having the rights is that every match is on TV instead of having to stream it, which would definitely be the case with NBC or CBS.

This makes me worry if the Premier League ever got picked up by ESPN. Gulp.

Hopefully Jon Champion or Ian Darke will commentate on the England games.

1 minute ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

I don't think that ever happens. NBC will do everything they can you keep the Prem.

I’d be happy enough if NBC and CBS just had all the football. CBS’s coverage of the European games especially is great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Can someone explain to me why Joe Morrell is a starter in this team? He seems to just do exactly what Joe Allen does whilst stood next to him, and they've got Ampadu on the bench. He's also barely played all season for Luton, whereas Matt Smith isn't even on the bench yet had a really good season playing every week at Doncaster.

Wales need to get on the ball more. If Bale only has it 5 times in a half you're not going to create much for the big man up top.

Our midfield selection is shocking tbf - I wouldn't be surprised if Smith, Ampadu, Morrell and Levitt have less than 100 senior games combined. Giggs and Page have no love for Will Vaulks at Cardiff despite him getting a lot of time there.

Still, lad grabbed an assist so fair play.

Swans fans will tell you how bad Roberts is at marking so no surprise to see him responsible for conceding. 

Ward, class. Moore, a big fucking lad.

I'm content with the draw after going behind, Switzerland really let us get back into it which was puzzling. Embolo was the best player on the pitch.

Kiefer Moore!

Danny Ward!

We’re so lucky that Switzerland took their foot off the pedal after taking the lead. That wasn’t a good performance at all though. That being said, taking points out of shit performances is massive. Turkey game will be colossal.

I wasn't expecting a Twitter back and forth with Guillem Balague today, but here we are...

He basically criticised the way Turkey played against Italy last night, not trying to win it etc, and then said the same of Wales after the first half, saying it's more about putting on a show than the result.

I wondered if he'd be so critical of Spain if they're anything other than comfortable in their 3 group games and they walk their group, because I doubt it.

We obviously want to see the best football possible, but to expect teams to just open up against stronger opposition is a bit silly.

• Haha 1