Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

19 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Finland's home kit is superb, but not as superb as Daniel O'Shaughnessy being a Finnish international. "He could have played for Ireland" says Jonathan Pearce. You don't say.

Yeah the white kit is probably my favourite at the whole tournament.

im danish and all. But Parken stadium is one of the worst stadiums in this tournament

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

If Denmark don't win this comfortably I'll be very surprised.

anything but a victory will be considered an upset. 

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

If Denmark don't win this comfortably I'll be very surprised.

Dominating possession. I think we're just waiting for a Finnish blunder, leaving their keeper defenceless. :(

There's a lot of breaking down the game with these 'injuries' by Finland.

• Like 1

Jonathan Pearce is so irritating. If he's not waffling on about England for minutes at a time without mentioning either Denmark or Finland, he's going in-depth on Martin Keown's family tree and asking him if he could have played for Ireland. Riveting coverage.

Just now, Adam said:

Jonathan Pearce is so irritating. If he's not waffling on about England for minutes at a time without mentioning either Denmark or Finland, he's going in-depth on Martin Keown's family tree and asking him if he could have played for Ireland. Riveting coverage.

He hit his prime when he was talking about Road Block and Killertron.

• Like 1

Just now, Adam said:

Hm? I have Pat Niven and a lady commentating in iPlayer.

What the hell, looks like a seizure?

• Admin

Once we get hopefully a positive update in the next five minutes or so, please can we try and just stick to this one thread here: 

Belgium v Russia is scheduled to kick off in less than 90 minutes time. Surely that gets pushed back.

I'm shocked at this turn, but ultimately not surprised. There are clearly 'bigger' interests at play than the well-being of Christian Eriksen, and everybody that had to witness the near-death of Christian first hand like that.

Can only hope that the players truly are behind this, and aren't pressured into this. But the cynic in me says that they don't have a choice in the matter.

2 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

The players are said to be in support, but one look on the face of Kasper Schmeichel says it all. In no way does that man look like he's thinking about playing football.

The faces of all the Danish players and staff are not the ones of people that are looking forward to play another 50 minutes of football.

Rather a look of wanting to be anywhere else right now.

2 minutes ago, Lineker said:

The tweet says that the Danish and Finnish players made the request to contine playing the game.

Even if that was the case, why would they be allowed to by a governing body? All of them have been emotionally drained and one of their players almost died. Bad decision from UEFA, and they always have the final say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JasonM said:

The faces of all the Danish players and staff are not the ones of people that are looking forward to play another 50 minutes of football.

Rather a look of wanting to be anywhere else right now.

Exactly. I don't care if the players "want" to play, they say that because they're professionals. UEFA should be stepping in and using some common sense and decency.

• Like 1