NFL 2020

Lineker

I'd have been happy with Fitz starting for a while yet and think most fellow Fins fans were expecting him to retain the starter spot for a while yet.

That said, I'd imagine the original plan may have been for Tua to play after the original bye week, but with bye week brought forward I guess they think he's ready. It's exciting but I do love Fitz, he's a total sporting cult hero kinda guy and, while you get really sucky Fitz at times, often we've been treated to really exciting drives.

Our defence right now is really building though. Ogbah's sack on Flacco with the loss of 28 yards was just magic, and the line have been pushing RBs back well on 2nd and 3rd downs.

All in all, I am a happy Dolphin this year.

• Like 1

The closest parallel to the Fitzpatrick situation I can think of is Kurt Warner with the Giants in 2004.  The Giants had a winning record when they made the decision to bench Warner for Eli.  The team was pissed, Kurt was pissed, but he handled it like a pro and understood that Coughlin's primary objective that year was to get meaningful playing time for Eli.

As it turned out, turning to Eli cratered their playoff chances as he went 0-6 and looked awful before winning the season finale.  But nobody really views that year as a missed opportunity.  Maybe the 2004 Giants make a Wild Card under Warner but they weren't winning a Super Bowl.  It was always a bridge year.  Giving Eli the experience helped and in 2005 they went 11-5 and won the division.

The difference I see is that the Dolphins' playoff chances are heightened with an expanded field, and actually the division is totally winnable.  But still....is this team ready to beat the Chiefs, Ravens, Titans, even the Steelers?  I dunno about that.  Tua getting experience now makes him less a question mark for 2021.

• Like 1

I mean the Dolphins much like the Cowboys last season have only beaten bad teams so far. I don't think they have high playoffs hopes. Granted, they've held their own.

I think you're on the money with the Warner-Manning comparison. Having a confident Tua with 10 games under his belt coming into next year can only help the team as they add the pieces they need in the off season as far as I'm concerned. 

8 minutes ago, LL. said:

I mean the Dolphins much like the Cowboys last season have only beaten bad teams so far. I don't think they have high playoffs hopes. Granted, they've held their own.

I think you're on the money with the Warner-Manning comparison. Having a confident Tua with 10 games under his belt coming into next year can only help the team as they add the pieces they need in the off season as far as I'm concerned. 

Hey! Don't be mean.

49ers just made a barn burner of a trade that will make them instant contenders again!

25 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

LET'S FUCKING GOOOO

In the last 365 days, Eric DeCosta has acquired Marcus Peters, Calais Campbell, and Yannick Ngagokue for 3 5th Rd picks and 1 3rd Rd pick. Fucking sorcery.

Big. Dick. DeCosta 

It's like they put Ozzie's brain in a younger more aggressive body... Good lord.

• Like 1

Just now, B-li Manning said:

Ugh not Seattle.  I love Russell Wilson and adding AB makes the team immediately dislikable.

I think a lot might get dictated by fan reaction to the rumors. For example Cleveland fans are mostly so title-starved they basically shrugged when Kareem Hunt was brought on board. I don't know if a large part of Seattle's fanbase is going to be down with AB.