Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

I've a feeling whoever wins the league will stumble over the finish line whoever it is. It's most likely going to be either Liverpool or Man City. Although if any of the current top 5 somehow wound up first I wouldn't be surprised. Just because of this season being so weird.

Liverpool have had some bad luck in games this season. On top of not always playing very well. Yesterday was Thiago's Anfield debut apparently. Which is mad. They're having to play midfielders at centre back. At some point things will swing the other way I'm sure.

Retaining the league is incredibly hard even in a usual season. 

I feel it's Man City's to lose. Liverpool look mentally and physically shot. Man United, though improved, are a one-man team. When Bruno underperforms or is shut down, you get attacking performances like yesterday. Man City have managed to stay in the hunt without Aguero, and despite Sterling and Bernardo Silva doing absolutely nothing this season. Any one of them finds some form and they're off into the distance.

Yeh I agree I feel at this stage City have to be clear favourites. I still think in normal circumstances the gap between City/Liverpool and then the rest of the league would be far more noticeable then it is ATM. That's not a knock on the likes of United who have improved this year but at times they don't seem to have

We've had a lot of injuries/Covid positive tests in the first part of the season so who knows really the lasting impact that has had on certain players ala Salah/Trent. We're playing two of our best midfielders at centre back and our frontline are very lacklustre ATM. Normally one may be misfiring the others pick up the slack. This is where Jota missing is a big thing. 

This season really will be a bit of a freak season. I can't see the points total to win the title being high. I mean look at the total losses between the top 10 teams. Us and City have only lost twice yet the most losses out of the top 10 is only 5. It's very compact the table but would this be the case in a "normal world" and with fans at grounds etc? I don't think it would be 

I wouldn't be surprised if City had a fall off in form as well sometime near the end of the season. It just depends on where everyone else is.

3 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Yeh I agree I feel at this stage City have to be clear favourites. I still think in normal circumstances the gap between City/Liverpool and then the rest of the league would be far more noticeable then it is ATM. That's not a knock on the likes of United who have improved this year but at times they don't seem to have

We've had a lot of injuries/Covid positive tests in the first part of the season so who knows really the lasting impact that has had on certain players ala Salah/Trent. We're playing two of our best midfielders at centre back and our frontline are very lacklustre ATM. Normally one may be misfiring the others pick up the slack. This is where Jota missing is a big thing. 

This season really will be a bit of a freak season. I can't see the points total to win the title being high. I mean look at the total losses between the top 10 teams. Us and City have only lost twice yet the most losses out of the top 10 is only 5. It's very compact the table but would this be the case in a "normal world" and with fans at grounds etc? I don't think it would be 

When Klopp brought Divock on I nearly wept. I love the man for saving our butts a bunch of time but right now it just exemplified how sorry our state of affairs up front is. 

Bruceys gloves are indeed off. After being criticised for playing 5 defenders and a load of defensive midfielders against Sheffield United, he's decided to go to Arsenal with a back 4, Shelvey in midfield, and 3 forwards. 😕

So, we're playing either

• 4-4-2 with an attacking midfielder and a striker on the wings
  • 4-3-3 and one of Wilson or Carroll is playing right wing
  • 4-2-4 all out attack

and the less said about the subs bench, the better.

It'll either somehow work (no), or we'll get tonked and he'll blame the people who said he needs to be more expansive, which the pundits will fucking lap up.

Edited by Colly

Each team can make two permanent concussion substitutes per match, with the opposing team will also be allowed to make a change at the same time.

So does this mean that if a concussion sub is made by Team A, Team B can make a sub for "free" at that time, not counting towards their allocated 3?

Chelsea's reporter for The Athletic said last night it was a case of "when, not if" for Frank Lampard getting sacked, and a loss today could mean it's happening ASAP.

Chelsea losing 2-0 at the break sure has this set for intrigue then