Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

I... don't know what just happened. Our first win at Old Trafford since 1973. I'm in shock. So proud of our performance. 

• Like 3

In situations like this though is it less an issue of racism in football and more an issue with Twitter, and social media in general? It's one thing for clubs to try to stamp out racism in grounds with positive campaigning and punishment, but what chance do they have against anonymous trolls who could be anywhere in the world? Millions of users, some are always going to be cunts. I'm not excusing it, but I don't think this is something football can fix.

• Like 4

I love Twitter, I spend a lot of time on it both for work and personally, but the mainstream football circles on Twitter are absolute stupid and horrendous. If you ever click on a tweet by BBC Sport, Sky Sports or whoever about football the comments are just riddled with abuse and childish nonsense.

I don't know how they stamp it out because the racism and such is just embedded in with the "banter" discourse online in football.

45 minutes ago, Colly said:

I don't think this is something football can fix.

Football is just a reflection of society. Football has absolutely no chance whilst the societal landscape is as conservative as it is.

It had been pretty much a dominant first half performance without a goal and then Mane manages to get in behind and just squares it back for Bobby. 

Was gonna say 0-0 would have been a fair scoreline until Mane put it on a plate for Bobby 

Hopefully that goal gives Mane and Bobby both some confidence. Mane looked short of confidence with his final ball otherwise. 

I feel for Spurs on that Son goal being disallowed. Tight VAR margins that