Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

6 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Fucking hell, United are going to win the league.

Nah it's got City's name on it. We haven't won since before Christmas and we can't score to save our lives yet we're only 6 points off United. We're in "crisis" and we are 4th. I think the upcoming fixtures probably help us as we've got to play big teams. 

Out of the top 10, United have only beaten Southampton, West Ham and Everton. If they could beat more of the teams in the top ten and in particular the top 6 teams then I'd say yeh United have a strong chance.

They'll challenge but no chance they're winning it. 

1 hour ago, DavidMarrio said:

Nah it's got City's name on it. We haven't won since before Christmas and we can't score to save our lives yet we're only 6 points off United. We're in "crisis" and we are 4th. I think the upcoming fixtures probably help us as we've got to play big teams. 

Out of the top 10, United have only beaten Southampton, West Ham and Everton. If they could beat more of the teams in the top ten and in particular the top 6 teams then I'd say yeh United have a strong chance.

They'll challenge but no chance they're winning it. 

No one outside of Leicester has won a majority of games vs the top 10 and Man City have only beaten 3 of them: Arsenal, Southampton and Chelsea, drawing 3 and losing 2 (the same record as United, minus a draw - they're yet to play Everton). There's plenty of reasons to suggest that Man City will win the league over us, but I'm not sure performance vs the top 10 is one of them.

I'd say more than most this year though. An "against the current top 4" guarantees your comparing against quality sides at this stage, but the league has been so tight this season the top 10 has been all over the place. I just remembered who Villa's first game in hand is against so they'll be 8th after this weekend.

• Like 1

I'm quite happy its the cup this weekend. Its a nice distraction from the fact we have Man U next, followed by Man C. Yep, chalk up those zero points right now and take us straight to the West Brom game on 2nd Feb. 

Villa's goal was probably just onside, but apparently it wasn't even checked for the same reason Man City's was given the other night. At this point strikers might as well just stand offside and hope for the best if a shanked block is a "deliberate play of the ball".

14 hours ago, Colly said:

Starting to think Bruce is just playing for a payoff now. Second game in a row he's played Carroll with no service then taken him off for a winger.

You'll be excited with the recent news from the Chinese Super League then?

In case you haven't seen it:

Spoiler

Slaven Bilic is the new manager of Beijing Guoan

• Haha 1

In further clown show news, Yedlin couldn't play last night because we forgot to apply to renew his visa.

• Haha 2

Tuchel is a bit of a mad choice given the fact that he has a habit of falling out with people above him (Dortmund/PSG). 

Least by going to Chelsea he won't have any locker room or board room politics to contend with... 

Well if anyone is going to get Werner, Havertz, and Pulisic playing well, I guess it'd be Tuchel. I don't think the German factor really is why he's coming in, just that he's the best available manager who wanted to go to Chelsea, but it could be great in getting those three playing well for Chelsea.