Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

18 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Will Harry Kane ever get penalised for endangering his fellow professionals? I mean, he's a brilliant player and all but he's such a snide prick. I'm genuinely shocked he hasn't managed to seriously injure someone yet. 

England's great hope? Nahhhhh. It's "clever" what he does. 

(Tbf if you could get away with it and keep doing it you would. I totally agree and I've moaned about it on here before. It's lucky that no one has suffered a serious back/neck injury really) 

It's like Vardy one season in particular perfected the art of slightly knocking the ball away and getting contact and winning penalities or Suarez had a season of flicking a ball into a players hand and winning pens)

• Like 2

Got the job done. Defending well and dominated possession and handled the counter attack well. Finishing was an issue though. Bit of fortune with Jota's goal

Horrible injury for Patricio, hope he's okay.

19 hours ago, FLiam said:

Will Harry Kane ever get penalised for endangering his fellow professionals? I mean, he's a brilliant player and all but he's such a snide prick. I'm genuinely shocked he hasn't managed to seriously injure someone yet. 

That shoulder barge is a yellow and nothing more. One of the many things Michael Oliver got wrong in the derby. Incidents aside: also see him somehow not booking Hojbjerg for about a billion fouls. 

I've been reading plenty of criticism aimed at Matt Doherty for his performance at the weekend - but in fairness to him he had Gareth Bale in front of him for more than a half and he did literally nothing to help him deal with Tierney and Smith-Rowe. They had it so easy down Spurs' right hand side. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FLiam said:

I've been reading plenty of criticism aimed at Matt Doherty for his performance at the weekend - but in fairness to him he had Gareth Bale in front of him for more than a half and he did literally nothing to help him deal with Tierney and Smith-Rowe. They had it so easy down Spurs' right hand side. 

I mean, Doherty hasn't been good for us. The best thing about his signing is it's pushed Serge on another level; having Aurier behind Bale allows us to get up the pitch, Aurier can provide width, and also has the pace to occasionally make recoveries. It was always bound to go wrong; Bale isn't built to play classic Mourinhoball, our best performances of late have come with him on the pitch when we try and have more of the ball and actually attack. Even with lack of protection, the ease in which Tierney beats him for the opening goal is unacceptable.