Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

8 hours ago, Moses Julep said:

You start feeling old when you’re older than the average player, but managers too now? Man, time to move into a home.

James Milner is the last perosn in Liverpool squad who is older than me

And I hope it stays that way forever

We weren't great but that was the first game I've enjoyed in a while. Bale, Winks and Stevey B back in from the cold.

We look unfit though - I know we've played a lot of games, but it really looks like those articles about Mourinho binning sports science departments at Man U and then Spurs are looking quite likely to be true.

14 hours ago, Hobo said:

James Milner is the last perosn in Liverpool squad who is older than me

And I hope it stays that way forever

It will do. He'll always be older than you.

• Haha 2

On 21/04/2021 at 11:02, Adam said:

By over two years, yes. The previous record belonging to Attilio Lombardo who was 32 when in charge of Crystal Palace. Chris Coleman is third, Vialli fourth and Villas-Boas fifth.

Hmm, those aren’t really the most encouraging precedents, are they? I mean I liked Vialli’s Chelsea as much as the next person, but he didn’t exactly get an enduring managerial career out of it. Coleman was okay but Lombardo and Villas-Boas were pretty disastrous in their first Premier League jobs

I suppose you'd have to compare to first PL jobs at any age, I suspect there's lots of disasters dotted around. Especially if it's their first job altogether rather than getting a team promoted or moving up.

Shocking game all over for sure, Nketiah just isn't good enough. Arteta clearly isn't bothered about the league and while it wouldn't have mattered because I know Ceballos dived after it, but how in the blue fuck is this offside?

8ab48ff.jpg

Arsenal deserved to lose (or at least didn't deserve to win) but how can anyone seriously look at that and say its offside?

• Like 1

The offside law is fine, it's this VAR minute inches bollocks that's ridiculous. When did "level" go out of the game anyway?

Obviously I shouldn't complain, it helped Everton win, but come on. An embarrassment that is, the latest in a long series of them with technology.

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

The offside law is fine, it's this VAR minute inches bollocks that's ridiculous. When did "level" go out of the game anyway?

When a load of idiots started parrotting "offside is offside" blindly ignoring how ridiculous it sounded.