Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

It kind of makes sense for all parties.

The Spurs fans would overwhelmingly support his return. PSG may well have sacked Poch anyway after his League/CL failures this season, so being able to move on from him and receiving compensation at the same time is handy.

I think if Spurs can get Poch back it's a move that benefits the both of them but it feels like he would need to be backed and would require patience from Levy as there is a rebuild job required.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side and I think Levy has realised that. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

I think if Spurs can get Poch back it's a move that benefits the both of them but it feels like he would need to be backed and would require patience from Levy as there is a rebuild job required.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side and I think Levy has realised that. 

I think there's also a case that, if there's any manager the fans will back have patience with during a painful rebuild, it'd be Poch. 

It's worth remembering Poch spoke of a painful rebuild before the CL Final and he didn't get it. It's a big IF, but if he comes back, he has to be backed to do that painful rebuild and given the time to do so. 

• Like 2

Poch only is going back to Spurs if PSG can get Zidane to come over. I can't see PSG wanting Conte, or more truthfully, I cannot see Neymar wanting to play for Conte. PSG would love to bring Zidane back to France, especially because it helps them keep Mbappe, probably. 

If I'm Poch, I'm riding that PSG train for as long as I can.

• Admin

Tottenham Hotspur footballer Erik Lamela has been banned from driving for six months after being caught speeding.

Lamela, 29, was caught driving eight miles above the speed limit on the A10 between Turkey Street and Hoe Lane, in Enfield, north London, on 13 May 2020.

The Argentine international's Land Rover was doing 48 miles per hour, Wimbledon Magistrates' Court heard.

It meant he exceeded the DVLA's 12-point limit having racked up 15 penalty points on his licence.

Lamela did not appear in court despite letters requesting his attendance being sent to his flat in East Finchley.

He was subsequently disqualified from driving.

41 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Took a look at the Chelsea loan army after prompting from a discord server. Where does this team finish in the Prem?

Hide contents

lineup.png

Defence and right side are pretty solid. Don’t think you’d need much more than a GK, LB and second ST/CAM to be in the 13-17th place conversation.

58 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Poch only is going back to Spurs if PSG can get Zidane to come over. I can't see PSG wanting Conte, or more truthfully, I cannot see Neymar wanting to play for Conte. PSG would love to bring Zidane back to France, especially because it helps them keep Mbappe, probably. 

If I'm Poch, I'm riding that PSG train for as long as I can.

new twist :(

30 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

It surprises me that a team the size of Sheffield United hadn't had an overseas manager up until this point. I can't imagine that's the case for many clubs in the top couple of divisions.

Overseas managers have only just started being a thing in the Championship this past couple of seasons to be honest, so it's not too surprising to me. It's very rare you'll see a manager from beyond the British Isles in Leagues One and Two unless they played here already (Roberto Martinez) and Sheff Utd played in the third tier for 5 or 6 seasons pretty recently.

Jokanovic looks a good appointment for them though, hope they give him time to build a fresh squad and style there.