Formula One 2021

Lineker

16 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Never trust the Italians to judge a car is working properly.

Max leads after Lap 1, so congratulations to him for winning the 2021 Monaco Grand Prix.

All depends on what lap Mazepin brings the safety car out.

Well Bottas' front wheel nut has opened up the podium at least.

These marshals are being incredibly over-zealous with blue flags, they're waving them at Vettel and Gasly seemingly because they're surprised they're ahead of Lewis.

I love Lewis, but there's very few things more entertaining than him losing his mind on a team radio :lol:.

• Like 2

Something fun from Reddit, because it's something to look at during the procession:

Hamilton spent 1 year alongside his 1st teammate (Alonso), 2 years alongside his 2nd teammate (Kovalainen), 3 years alongside his 3rd teammate (Button), 4 years alongside his 4th teammate (Rosberg), and is in his 5th year (and probably last) alongside his 5th teammate (Bottas).

Meanwhile, Lando laps Ricciardo. Ouch.

Just now, Chris2K said:

Something fun from Reddit, because it's something to look at during the procession:

Hamilton spent 1 year alongside his 1st teammate (Alonso), 2 years alongside his 2nd teammate (Kovalainen), 3 years alongside his 3rd teammate (Button), 4 years alongside his 4th teammate (Rosberg), and is in his 5th year (and probably last) alongside his 5th teammate (Bottas).

So what you’re saying is we either get six years of Hamilton/Russell or this is Lewis’ last season?

8 hours ago, Lineker said:

Bottas just cannot catch a break!

Funnily enough I said the exact same thing to a friend today and his response was something along the lines of "Bottas is a fairly average driver who gets to drive for Mercedes and so many people better than him don't get that opportunity so the odd bit of bad luck means it all balances out, so you shouldn't feel too bad for him."

which is fair enough actually...

On 23/05/2021 at 15:07, Chris2K said:

Meanwhile, Lando laps Ricciardo. Ouch.

On 23/05/2021 at 15:12, Lineker said:

Waved on his way past, too.

Just to add to the pain, it seems Netflix were following McLaren at Monaco as well. I can already imagine what the DTS episode is going to be like.

• 2 weeks later...

Would sure be cool if we had a qualifying not being abruptly ended by a red flag to create a huge anti-climax some point soon.

Should be a great race tomorrow though, the top four teams are ridiculously close to each other.

Everyone keeps swearing in the interviews :lol:

2 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Well there's the safety car you were waiting for Lance.

Scary that the tyre can fail like that though, especially at that speed with everyone going down the straight behind.

Yeah, that’s a grim failure and on lap 30.

Given most other pits were before lap 20 they’ll need to go 30+ laps on the hard to one stop. We’ll see how much appetite for risk the teams have for their drivers now I guess.

All took the risk the failure was debris and not wear. Wrong decision obviously. Surprised this isn’t a safety yet but I think the race is done now. Wait, there it is. Win number 2 for Checo.

Ohhh. Red flag. Might get a few mad laps at the end.

Just now, Chris2K said:

We need more of the team/FIA radio channel, it's always very interesting.

I kinda hope they don't start again to give Checo the win and Seb third.

I think Checo wins regardless. If they are changing tyres, which appears to be the intent of the red flag, then Hamilton only had a set of hards left while Checo has a set of mediums.