The E3 2021/Summer Game Fest Thread

Bobfoc

Just now, GoGo Yubari said:

I'm working on Yakuza 0 right now. I'd have finished it weeks ago except I decided to get sucked into the side stories (real estate, cabaret club, etc.) before finishing the main story. What a fucking franchise.

Yeah, those two were a blast in 0. The Cabaret club is enjoyable in Kiwami as well. 

Just now, Ruki Returns said:

Yeah, those two were a blast in 0. The Cabaret club is enjoyable in Kiwami as well. 

Yeah. I played the two Kiwami games before 0, which was a mistake in the case of Kiwami 2 because there's at least one big spoiler for the 0 plot in there. But on the plus side, because I did the cabaret club story in 2 first I got a good laugh at what the Majima/Yuki dynamic is in 0 compared to when they run into each other again like fifteen years later.

5 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

128-player online is impressive, but think of all the griefers.

Back in the PS3 days there was a 128 player online game called MAG that worked out okay, for the most part. 

I had a fun few months with Fallout 76 during the pandemic, honestly, but as the world started re-establishing itself I got less interested in finishing it/continuing on with it. That being said, I liked the Brotherhood of Steel stuff so I'll probably hop back on once that launches.