Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

• Admin
16 hours ago, Adam said:

Romelu Lukaku says he is "not happy with the situation at Chelsea" and loves Inter Milan, per Fabrizio Romano and an interview with Sky Sport Italia.

Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel says Romelu Lukaku's comments during an interview in which the striker said he was unhappy with his role at the club "brings noise that we don't need".

In an interview recorded several weeks ago but aired on Thursday, Lukaku said he would like to return to Inter Milan in the near future.

"I don't like it," Tuchel said.

"But I don't want to make more out of it than it actually is. It is very easy to take lines out of context."

The German added: "To be honest I don't like it because it's noise we don't need. We need a calm environment and focus and it does not help.

"I don't feel him unhappy. I feel the exact opposite. If you asked me yesterday morning I would say that he is absolutely fine. That's why it's a surprise but I am the wrong person to ask.

"We can take the time to try to understand what is going on because it does not reflect the daily work, the daily attitude, the daily behaviour Romelu shows here."

Lukaku said in the interview with Sky Sport Italia that he was "not happy with the situation", adding: "But I am a worker and I must not give up."

The Belgium international, 28, returned to European champions Chelsea for a club record £97.5m in August.

He has scored seven goals in 18 appearances since he rejoined the club but he has also been hampered by injury and illness.

Following discussions about his role with Tuchel, Lukaku has since scored two goals in two Premier League games.

"We will [talk to Lukaku] and we will do it behind closed doors and we will do it openly like I think the relationship is and has always been," said the Chelsea boss.

"Today's world is today's world and everything is out there in public. If you are a big player like Romelu he knows what kind of value he has when he speaks out with messages like this."

Tuchel added: "It is not necessary to always be in harmony to be successful. You don't have to hug each other and love each other every single day. Sometimes it is good to be on the edge.

"With Romelu I don't think anyone in this building is aware he is unhappy. That is what makes us very surprised about his statements. We need to check because I can see no reason why it should be like this."

9 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

This is undoubtedly an unfair correlation to note, and I'm probably misremembering things as well, but...it does always seem to be the Belgian players who talk shit on foreign TV like this.

Every international break for three years.

2 hours ago, stokeriño said:

This is undoubtedly an unfair correlation to note, and I'm probably misremembering things as well, but...it does always seem to be the Belgian players who talk shit on foreign TV like this.

At Newcastle it was always the French lads talking to L'Equipe. Charles N'zogbia loved it, before making his massive move to Wigan.

• Haha 1

That was a seriously impressive half from us. Our pressing has been outstanding. Not sure we can keep it up for the full ninety but we’ve given them no real time on the ball. Excellent display so far.

Martinelli so close to scoring two wonder goals as well. That lad looks like a serious prospect.

That penalty was so incredibly soft. Silva is clearly looking for it, and pretty much already already starting to go down at the shirt pull. But when you're caught on camera pulling the shirt in the box, you're asking for it.

Arsenal lost their heads because of it.

Could have? They should have had a pen. It shouldn't matter that they want 1-0 up anyway. I thought City's was a pen but that goes to VAR and they could have used VAR to check Ederson's. The inconsistency of VAR is apparent yet again. 

Tbh I thought the ref was crap but Arsenal fell into the old things don't go your way so got wound up and then more things didn't go their way 

Also Rodri is a master of somehow not getting booked like ever.  

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Could have? They should have had a pen. It shouldn't matter that they want 1-0 up anyway. I thought City's was a pen but that goes to VAR and they could have used VAR to check Ederson's. The inconsistency of VAR is apparent yet again. 

Tbh I thought the ref was crap but Arsenal fell into the old things don't go your way so got wound up and then more things didn't go their way 

Also Rodri is a master of somehow not getting booked like ever.  

They did use VAR to check the Ederson one. Wasn’t anything clear and obvious to overturn the on field decision, which is correct. 

The penalty was soft, and Silva made a meal of it but, you hold onto a shirt and make contact, and there’s enough there to award a pen. Just do one of those things and you probably get away with it. 

Arsenal fucked it way worse than the referee did.

Needless to say more than that half second of footage exists, Odegaard has the ball and Ederson gets none of it. It's a penalty for me, but I really wish someone (even if it is Peter Fucking Walton) would explain what clear and obvious error actually means, because at the moment it's meaningless.