Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

Oh boy, can't wait to be playing in the championship with our brand new 50k+ seat stadium. We do look better than we did under Rafa, though. I'll see how we do against Brentford before I officially call time of death.

52 minutes ago, Colly said:

On BT? I heard one of them say that they were celebrating in front of the Everton fans in a factual way, not to justify it?

Nah, sounds like it was on the North American coverage. 

Shit game, good result.

Bye Everton 🖕 (apart from @Kyle.)

• Sad 1

Nah. Both would probably have the resources to piss the league in theory, but over a season as long as the Championship is, you’ll always get mad results which flip the script. 

Apart from chucking bottles at Villa players, got no long lasting beef with Everton. But fuck if it wouldn’t be satisfying to see Newcastle drop again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

Nah. Both would probably have the resources to piss the league in theory, but over a season as long as the Championship is, you’ll always get mad results which flip the script.

Aye the odd result, but considering Fulham and Bournemouth are pissing the league this season, I'd like to think Everton would do the same.

That's not arrogance by the way, it's just the sad fact of how the money disparity has distorted the division's competitiveness to a degree unfortunately.

23 minutes ago, Adam said:

Aye the odd result, but considering Fulham and Bournemouth are pissing the league this season, I'd like to think Everton would do the same.

That's not arrogance by the way, it's just the sad fact of how the money disparity has distorted the division's competitiveness to a degree unfortunately.

Bournemouth are one point ahead of Blackburn in third, and three ahead of QPR in fourth. I don’t think things are quite as bleak as they seem in the second tier. Even Fulham aren’t yet out of sight either. 

Just don’t think the Championship is as easy as big clubs who drop down/look like dropping down, seem to think it is. Goodness knows Villa very nearly fucked it in trying to climb out. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

Bournemouth are one point ahead of Blackburn in third, and three ahead of QPR in fourth. I don’t think things are quite as bleak as they seem in the second tier. Even Fulham aren’t yet out of sight either. 

Just don’t think the Championship is as easy as big clubs who drop down/look like dropping down, seem to think it is. Goodness knows Villa very nearly fucked it in trying to climb out. 

Bourneouth have until recently been romping away, they were unbeaten until November, and Fulham's last three results have been 7-0, 6-2 and 6-2.

It is a lot, lot harder for teams to compete with those coming down from the Premier League nowadays. I'm not saying it's completely uncompetitive or anything but it's clear that the power of those sides is stronger than it's ever been.

1 minute ago, Benjamin said:

They only showed a replay of the goal where you can see it, but it looked like Cavani was offside when Martial passed to him?

Yeah I'm curious about this. I'm having to listen on the radio and they're adamant Cavani was offsides in the build up. Anyone watching, would love to here your thoughts!