Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

A rambly Sunday morning vaguely related PL story for you all. Feel free to scroll past as it barely qualifies as an anecdote...

Spoiler

I was nosing through the Classic Football Shirts sale the other day just for some new bits for jogging/five a side, and having bought some new socks (exciting) came across the club issue section. Long story short, I bought possibly the worst thing I have in some time, a "Wonga" fronted training top from years ago, with my own initials on the front as it had belonged to a Paul Catterson. I did a bit of a Google having never heard of him, turns out he's been club doctor for ages. It was £12, and I'm still stuck between amused and horrified that I bought it, it arrived on Friday.

Spin forward to yesterday, where I listened to bits of our game on the radio, and having never heard his name before this week, three mins after turning it on he was coming on to give Joelinton some treatment. This morning I saw him for the first time.

Spoiler

Edited by Colly
  • Haha 8

12 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Chelsea will clearly drop points to Spurs tomorrow too. After two simple wins in the cup, it is the way of the world.

You think Spurs, after an impressive (potentially) season-defining late comeback at Leicester, that has reenergised fans and completely changed the mood around the club, will follow that up by beating picking up points against an out of form Chelsea?

Fucking no chance. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Even in that picture, Cavani is still comfortably 5 more yards onside than Drogba at OT all those years ago. 😡

That would be the match where Joe Cole scored a legitimate goal, Macheda equalised with a handball, and Drogba undid that with an offside goal, yeah?

Such a straight forward corner routine puts us one up against Palace. Van Dijk bullets it in. 

Palace look all over the place, need to try and kill this game off quickly. 

That's such a shite penalty to be given against Palace. They've pretty much been on top the whole second half and if it wasn't for Alisson we'd be behind. 

Fabinho makes it 3-1. 

Crystal Palace committing the unfortunate error of not having Ederson in goal for that decision. Surely wouldn't have been a penalty if it was Ederson committing the foul.*

*It wasn't actually a foul and we didn't deserve that penalty. Or 3 points.

3 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

You can see the moment where Jota thinks "ooh forget the ball, I can go for the goalie". I don't really care and I doubt Palace would have equalised anyway, but it looked a bit silly.

The old Vardy technique

• Like 1