Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Mason has apparently been arrested now.

A man has been arrested on suspicion of rape and assault after a woman alleging incidents of violence posted pictures and videos on social media.

The man, in his 20s, remains in custody for questioning and enquiries are ongoing, Greater Manchester Police said.

The force launched an investigation after being made aware of the images and footage earlier today.

It comes after Manchester United announced that Mason Greenwood would not return to training or play any matches "until further notice" after he was accused of assaulting a woman.

To be fair to the dad he sounds shocked more than anything, not condoning at all, and while I absolutely think the Daily Mail are a massive gang of cunts sadly not everyone can see that.

Spoiler

He says having been the star writer for the Mail on Sunday in 2021...

Actually, just processed "we asked her to take it down" which is a bit weird. 😕

Edited by Colly

You can't put any blame on the club or staff unless they were fully aware of what had happened and ignored it. The only person at fault here is Mason Greenwood.

I listen to a lot of domestic abuse cases in work and unfortunately in a way I'm desensitized to a lot of stuff but I will say a lot of what has happened in this is prevalent in a lot of domestic abuse cases and it's shocking that it is so common. 

It may be a blessing that the clips have come out as it may be the thing that opens up support for the survivor (she's not a victim) and allowed people to become aware of what is happening. It did sound like she was in fear when she started taking stuff down but that's normal. I just wish she can move on with her life after this. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

tbf this is the club that signed Ronaldo. they've already let everyone down.

A lot of football fans are just idiots as it is (not here), so I know they'll defend their players no matter what, but this is a big reason why I'm not surprised to see so many fans defend Greenwood to the hilt. These are the same people who celebrated Ronaldo coming back to United, were jubilant when he scored his late goals.

Ronaldo's a fucking rapist and anyone with a brain knows it. But he's gotten a free pass by so many, including by some people here too, if we're being honest.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Greenwood released on bail.

Perhaps I'm basing this too much on emotions to be impartial, but getting out on bail shouldn't be this easy for someone who has been charged with threatening to kill somebody.

On 02/02/2022 at 07:34, Szumi - A Polack said:

A lot of football fans are just idiots as it is (not here), so I know they'll defend their players no matter what, but this is a big reason why I'm not surprised to see so many fans defend Greenwood to the hilt. These are the same people who celebrated Ronaldo coming back to United, were jubilant when he scored his late goals.

Ronaldo's a fucking rapist and anyone with a brain knows it. But he's gotten a free pass by so many, including by some people here too, if we're being honest.

I read some awful stuff online from United fans about how classy Ronaldo is in that he must have known something about Greenwood because he didn't like playing with him.