UEFA Champions League 2021/22

Lineker

3 minutes ago, damhausen said:

As someone who will be in Paris up to that Friday, I can say prices were obscene to stay there before the Champions League final got moved due to Roland-Garros and the influx of people that brings. We looked at extending our stay and trying for tickets to the final if we could snag them at face value but extending our stay would cost about 400 EUR alone.

People are always going to resell tickets to sporting events, more or less regardless of the controls in place. But I do get a tad peeved at massive hotel chains upping their rates for the occasion.

How many more nights were these 400 euros for?

Just now, damhausen said:

We'd have stayed 2 extra nights (Friday and Saturday). I might be converting poorly, it was around $225 a night.

That's tough then. I was there last month for 10 days and it was much, much cheaper. Granted I don't think anything of note was happening at the time but still.

It's not surprising that all the cheapest hotels would be gone by now which would mean only the expensive options would be available but I guess even cheaper hotels have ridiculous prices that weekend.

• Admin
1 hour ago, damhausen said:

As someone who will be in Paris up to that Friday, I can say prices were obscene to stay there before the Champions League final got moved due to Roland-Garros and the influx of people that brings. We looked at extending our stay and trying for tickets to the final if we could snag them at face value but extending our stay would cost about 400 EUR alone.

People are always going to resell tickets to sporting events, more or less regardless of the controls in place. But I do get a tad peeved at massive hotel chains upping their rates for the occasion.

What I'm taking from this: the damshow's are doing Europe!?

Just now, Lineker said:

What I'm taking from this: the damshow's are doing Europe!?

We are! Our honeymoon/2nd wedding anniversary! 

Paris and some surrounding environs (Reims, Champagne Region, Loire Valley, and Chartres). It's a city I've been cursed in my attempts to visit for my entire life of course. So there's still 9 days for things to go belly-up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baddar said:

Aren't the FA just as bad when it comes to the FA Cup?

While I'm at it, I'll take a minute to point out how much I detest the seats the main camera faces at Wembley on halfway, clearly where no actual fans sit and most of them aren't even seated 10/15mins into either half.

I mean yes but they're equal in their shittiness.

• Admin
3 hours ago, damhausen said:

We are! Our honeymoon/2nd wedding anniversary! 

Paris and some surrounding environs (Reims, Champagne Region, Loire Valley, and Chartres). It's a city I've been cursed in my attempts to visit for my entire life of course. So there's still 9 days for things to go belly-up.

Lovely. France is great. @METALMAN loves it.

5 hours ago, damhausen said:

I think the issue a lot of fans are having is that UEFA did a ballot for fans to win the chance to buy tickets directly from then to the final so a lot of people who genuinely wanted to go didn't get picked and instead touts have won them and thought sound time to make a quick buck. 

Also the other thing is it happened to my mates in Kiev but a lot of people have said the same in other competitions of people's accomodations suddenly getting cancelled and the room then getting sold right away for a much higher price. 

The cheapest route I've found so far that I'd consider doing if I got a ticket is Manchester to Brussels by plane, train from Brussels to Paris via Lille. Return of train from Brussels to Paris via Lille and then flight from Brussels to Liverpool and that's about 500 odd quid. That's not taking into account accomodation and then actually having a ticket and expenditure. 

On 05/05/2022 at 13:08, Moses Julep said:

I much prefer the narrative of the loveable old coach coming back to the big time for one last run and taking a team that’s way past it’s prime past all the other annoying money teams. It’s like the original terrible money team showing the new terrible money teams how it’s done.  

The Geriatricos? :shifty:

My brother has a friend who works for UEFA who subsequently had a friend selling the tickets he gets for working there. So brother going to final but if UEFA employees get tickets, that could add up to an awful lot of tickets just going to them?

Edit: nevermind, there aren’t that many UEFA employees. Still a 1000 or so tickets that could go directly to fans.

Edited by Twist

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting an 8 hour drive to North Carolina as soon as the Final is over. Either going to be a really happy drive or feel fucking terrible the whole time.

Also really hoping it doesn't go to extra time to delay my drive even farther than I already have by staying home to watch the match here 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Up the reds! Whatever happens, happens. 

I've had a wonderful evening so far with friends, town is buzzing for the final full of red everywhere and this is what footballs about. 

• Like 1