UEFA Champions League 2021/22

Lineker

When Pep said he wanted City to play like Barca, he meant when he managed Barca, not the Barca who bottled Champions League ties away from home in the second leg in spectacular fashion. 

The sooner they move to the clock starting and stopping like basketball the better, that second half of extra time was about 6 minutes long, and he still had the nerve to blow up early.

I refuse to accept real Madrid as a Babyface. Sometimes you have to accept a heel vs heel main event.

32 minutes ago, Moses Julep said:

I didn’t think Real Madrid would be going on a baby face run defeating all the monster heels to set up the final against the big bad but somehow here we are.

8 hours ago, Moses Julep said:

I didn’t think Real Madrid would be going on a baby face run defeating all the monster heels to set up the final against the big bad but somehow here we are.

Fair play to Madrid for beating the plastic treble, but we've already got the narrative of Salah wanting revenge for Ramos judothrowing him and getting him injured and Karius getting concussed. 

They're the bad guys and we're going for the 80s style film comeback revenge troupe

Its felt like Ancelotti teams have been able to get the better of Klopp's Liverpool on a few occasions. Even his Everton! (With the caveat of it being during a run the exact opposite of the one Liverpool are on now).

So in a way i feel like this will be the more difficult final than if it had been City.

5 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Fair play to Madrid for beating the plastic treble, but we've already got the narrative of Salah wanting revenge for Ramos judothrowing him and getting him injured and Karius getting concussed. 

They're the bad guys and we're going for the 80s style film comeback revenge troupe

I much prefer the narrative of the loveable old coach coming back to the big time for one last run and taking a team that’s way past it’s prime past all the other annoying money teams. It’s like the original terrible money team showing the new terrible money teams how it’s done.  

• Haha 1

I have registered for the club ballot and there is not a chance I'm getting a ticket. 19,000 we've been allocated and whatevers left after the tickets to those who've been the away games it's gonna be slim. 

Already started to look for places in town to watch it. 

Also wanna add...it's disgusting what plane companies and hotels are charging. So a direct flight from Liverpool to Paris on Friday and returning on the Sunday currently costs over £700.

I sort of get it with flights and hotels, admittedly 700 quid is obscene but it's supply and demand. Honestly though anyone with half a brain is just going to fly from Leeds or Birmingham when they put it up that much.

Less than 40k for both team is fucking disgraceful though. It'll only stop if teams start boycotting finals though and they won't ever do that.

Aren't the FA just as bad when it comes to the FA Cup?

While I'm at it, I'll take a minute to point out how much I detest the seats the main camera faces at Wembley on halfway, clearly where no actual fans sit and most of them aren't even seated 10/15mins into either half.

• Like 1

As someone who will be in Paris up to that Friday, I can say prices were obscene to stay there before the Champions League final got moved due to Roland-Garros and the influx of people that brings. We looked at extending our stay and trying for tickets to the final if we could snag them at face value but extending our stay would cost about 400 EUR alone.

People are always going to resell tickets to sporting events, more or less regardless of the controls in place. But I do get a tad peeved at massive hotel chains upping their rates for the occasion.