Sony Megathread 2021

40 minutes ago, Ruki Returns said:

I tried to protect the loop... took awhile to find a game. I died in 2 minutes. 

Damn. I need this game. I might get it when I have my week off in October. 

20 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

Oh man... I had a player invade my world. Thank goodness I had my headset on as I was able to hear her sneaking up on me! Killed each other at the exact same time. Thankfully I still had a life left.

You died? GOOD. 

10 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

People can invade your game? That sounds awful :( 

8 minutes ago, Liam said:

I'm assuming you can switch that off?

Not invasion in general, but it doesn't have to be a real person.

At the start of the game, for the first time it's an AI. It isn't all knowing, it doesn't "know" where you are and you can avoid it - that is one thing I learned. There are conditions where she will spawn (only in places where you can do an assassination) and it isn't terribly frequent. After that you can decide - if you want it to stay AI, be open to anyone or only open to friends.

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Oh! The lady assassin who is after you can be played by real people if you want? That's kinda neat. I would never have that happen but it's neat in theory :P 

I just ruined someone's day doing that. I felt bad until I got my trophy.

Also, if you have PS Plus, be sure to check your email (and spam folder, just in case). After a year of trying, my buddy finally got one last week through the Sony invite. And my other friend that I used to work with randomly got the email too - he doesn't REALLY want one, but he went ahead and did it anyway because he has the cash and they're hard to come by right now.

5 hours ago, tristy said:

Also, if you have PS Plus, be sure to check your email (and spam folder, just in case). After a year of trying, my buddy finally got one last week through the Sony invite. And my other friend that I used to work with randomly got the email too - he doesn't REALLY want one, but he went ahead and did it anyway because he has the cash and they're hard to come by right now.

I didn't even need PS Plus to participate in the Sony drops, the problem being the all go to PS Plus members first. Most people I know have had the most luck with Best Buy and then, needless to say, bundles at GameStop and other retailers.

3 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

I think with Deathloop, any time there's a visionary on the map i am just going to see Juliana now.

Pretty sure you can expect it when you load up the first time regardless.  Are you saying you've got 4 times in a row, as in you get her, die/kill her, then immediately get her again?  I haven't experienced that.  It's usually the first time I boot up the game, and then I don't run across her again for the rest of my time on that play-through.

I really like the game.  Lots of really cool mechanics and when you think you have something figured out, it will surprise you.  Or you find one solution to a problem, usually for me its brute forcing my way through things, and then stumble upon some alternate options once you're done.

Julianna invasions can definitely get annoying, but I've had some fun fights as a result.  Got trapped in Colt's apartment by one trying to snipe me, and used different windows and the shift slab to move myself around out of her sight lines and get the drop on her. 

My simple tactic for invasions; if Colt still has extra lives, some proximity mines on his dead body almost always gets a kill.