Sony Megathread 2021

41 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Pretty sure you can expect it when you load up the first time regardless.  Are you saying you've got 4 times in a row, as in you get her, die/kill her, then immediately get her again?  I haven't experienced that.  It's usually the first time I boot up the game, and then I don't run across her again for the rest of my time on that play-through.

Correct! Even during the same game session and loop. I killed her, left the stage, went to the next area, and boom! She's after me again. 

1 minute ago, damshow said:

I've heard about this from multiple people and it's why I'm holding off until the spring when it presumably will run more smoothly.

Yikes. That makes sense. Maybe I'll wait as well. I don't want a repeat of Cyberpunk. And people aren't really talking about it on social media so I've got no real fomo at the moment. 

1 hour ago, LL! said:

Yikes. That makes sense. Maybe I'll wait as well. I don't want a repeat of Cyberpunk. And people aren't really talking about it on social media so I've got no real fomo at the moment. 

It's nowhere near that bad, thank goodness. 

On 20/09/2021 at 21:31, Ruki Returns said:

Four times in a row now. I'm getting really good at killing Juliana. But if you try to invade a world? You're waiting forever.

Yeah it happened to me twice in a row on the same level. She got 2 of my lives before I killed her, but a random eternal finished me off. Restarted same level and immediately another juliana. Turned it off randoms to just friends, fuck that. I like the idea of the mechanic but it took fucking ages to get through the one level cos I had no idea where she hid herself.

Really liking the game though. Wasn't sure the first few stages how I felt cos it looked like such a huge place to explore and there's clearly parts I don't know how to access yet, it felt sort of a waste to just go straight to the objective but I've gotten a decent weapon and power now so I dont feel as useless if a gunfight does break out.

I finished Deathloop today. Thoughts are spoilered but mostly mechanics related, not story.

Spoiler

I liked it but I dunno - I feel kind of let down by the reviews that tried to state that the game wanted you to use your own thought to plan out the kills and paths.

You just follow the markers and leads, that's about it. And there's really only one solution - I was kind of sold on it being more dynamic than that.

1 hour ago, apsham said:

I finished Deathloop today. Thoughts are spoilered but mostly mechanics related, not story.

Hide contents

I liked it but I dunno - I feel kind of let down by the reviews that tried to state that the game wanted you to use your own thought to plan out the kills and paths.

You just follow the markers and leads, that's about it. And there's really only one solution - I was kind of sold on it being more dynamic than that.

That's very much how I felt about it. 

This Game Trials idea for PS5 is fantastic, except it's executed so poorly.

Basically, you can play a game for 5 or 6 hours to see if you want to purchase it. Death Stranding and Sackboy are the two available at the moment.

Except, the timer starts the minute you begin the download. So if it's a big file, or you were planning on trying it out the next day, you're shit out of luck. Let's hope they tweak this for the future.