NFL 2021

Lineker

On 06/01/2022 at 11:58, damshow said:

They may have not enough cap space. Depends on the Mayfield and Ward extensions.

I wouldn't extend Baker, but that's just me. He's the most successful Browns QB since Bernie Kosar, but he's...not great, honestly. 

Also, I mentioned it in the CFB thread, but I'm trying to speak it into existence, so...

Jim Harbaugh might leave Michigan to coach the Raiders. This would be excellent.

Baker is historically bad at the end of games. I would agree they probably shouldn't extend him but after 20 years in QB purgatory it's really hard to say "let's try that again". Maybe the next few years he takes some leaps. QBs really don't hit their prime as passers until 30, but there's always so much focus on what they do in their early 20s.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DMN in the House said:

I wouldn't extend Baker, but that's just me. He's the most successful Browns QB since Bernie Kosar, but he's...not great, honestly.

Considering the absolute trash the Browns have had at QB before, "not great" is still pretty good

Tim Couch, much like David Carr, got totally fucked over by being on an expansion team. The ownership of both Browns and Texans wanted it both ways with a team that could compete immediately but also wanted to try and build around a rookie QB. Panthers to an extent did the same thing with Kerry Collins but he also had other issues going on. He also QBd the Giants to a Super Bowl. So I think he did reach some level of what he could have.

Meanwhile the Jags were smarter and built around a QB who had a couple years of experience already in the league and of the most recent expansion teams were the most successful, at least immediately.

• Haha 2

• Like 3

Jim Harbaugh's intentions may influence what Miami does with Flores. Though I suspect he stays.

I could see Mike McCarthy getting "promoted" so the Cowboys don't lose Moore.

Denver is a real interesting one. You don't expect Fangio can possibly come back another year but with the sale of the team it may be prolonged. Especially if there's also the chance of them getting Rodgers or Wilson.

Pete Carroll is a retirement possibility. Bruce Arians is a retirement possibility as well, especially after what's happened the last few weeks. If he's forcing guys to play hurt as AB alleged he might just decide to get out ahead of any formal investigation. It would also let TB keep Leftwich if they're really high on him.