NFL 2021

Lineker

I don't follow football like I used to, but @DMN in the Housewhy are you so excited about Jim Harbaugh coming to Oakland possibly? Am I wrong in saying that he's underachieved massively at Michigan? He took them to just one Playoff appearance (where they got embarrassed), only beat Ohio State once, and never really had Michigan looking like a serious contender IMO. 

Jim Harbaugh was fantastic in the NFL, but he made the terrible decision to run it back with Greg Roman as OC for one too many seasons and the Niners just collapsed (the multiple bad drafts from Baalke didn't help).

Here's hoping the other Harbaugh understands Greg Roman is good for 3 years at most. Great play designer, dreadful play caller.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CM Busch said:

Always love it when the coach gets blamed when the team gives him hot garbage for QBs.

He and Shurmur wanted Teddy, that was their guy.  He was there when they drafted Lock and I’m sure that wasn’t a situation where he had zero input.

• Like 1

Pinned inside their own 5, 2nd and 9, the Giants lined up in a goal line package and just had Fromm run straight into the pile.  They then did the same on 3rd down.

They don’t trust this offense to even attempt run a normal play.  The most pathetic thing I’ve ever seen at the NFL level.

1 minute ago, CM Busch said:

Truly a remarkable achievement:  the 2021 Giants went the entire season without scoring a single point inside of 2 minutes in the 1st half.  They were outscored 79-0 in those situations.

This is easily my favorite Giants squad of all time

15 hours ago, livid said:

1495384628_michael-scott-nope.gif

I do wonder if they're actually on good terms or not, though. 

It seems to be the sentiment from Broncos fans on Reddit that he'd join Harbaugh. 

5 hours ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

I don't follow football like I used to, but @DMN in the Housewhy are you so excited about Jim Harbaugh coming to Oakland possibly? Am I wrong in saying that he's underachieved massively at Michigan? He took them to just one Playoff appearance (where they got embarrassed), only beat Ohio State once, and never really had Michigan looking like a serious contender IMO. 

I do believe you are wrong in thinking he massively underachieved at Michigan, the expectations of Michigan fans did not and do not meet up with the realities of their program.

That said, I couldn't care less about his time at Michigan, success at the college level is not an indicator of success at the NFL level. His time in SF, however, is.

3 hours ago, CM Busch said:

Always love it when the coach gets blamed when the team gives him hot garbage for QBs.

He lost his job when he kicked a FG instead of trying to beat Kansas City.

Also, lol, Jacksonville is gonna win. Now I just need the Ravens to get it together and I can chill and enjoy the game no matter what tonight.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Maxx said:

This is easily my favorite Giants squad of all time

You might like the 2022 squad even more.  Most of these terrible teams at least have some reason to be optimistic.  The Lions are at least showing fight.  The Jets have quietly starting playing better, results pending.  The Jags already canned their terrible head coach and will get a mulligan at hiring someone who won’t squander the #1 pick of the draft.

The Giants meanwhile will be running it back with mostly the same roster, possibly the same head coach, and they might have the gall to internally promote a GM.

They may not have even hit rock bottom yet.