X-BOX Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

I would have bought it at launch if it was a game where you could play as any member of the team. But just Star Lord? Heavy discount or GamePass. So this works out just fine for me.

Also, Kentucky Route Zero, so that's pretty great as well.

The way that the gameplay and story goes, it makes sense you’re just confined to Star Lord - narrative couldn’t be as strong as it is if you’re just switching between party members like it was a Marvel Ultimate game.

I heavily, heavily enjoyed my time with it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I would say I regret buying it but I don't. I am really enjoying it and by buying it I'm hoping it shows developers we want more games like this

Square Enix came out like, last week, and said they considered it a failure based on internal sales projections. Granted, they're the publisher and not the devs, but still.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tunic is equal parts adorable and sneakily challenging. Would defo recommend. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tried Weird West today. It was ok, not really my cup of tea. The world seems like it might be interesting (I didn't get too far) but the combat was off putting for me.

But this is why I love Gamepass. I can take risks on games!

Did we know Trek to Yumi was getting a Day 1 release on Gamepass? I have it on my Playstation wishlist, then I turned on my Xbox a few nights ago and saw it was being advertised for Gamepass. I guess I don't need to buy it on PS5, then!

Also I tried out Guardians of the Galaxy and man is it wonderful. The combat isn't the most engaging, but everything else is so, so good. They absolutely nailed the characters and tone, and I like the story too. Lady Hellbender is bae. Only weird thing is that I'm on... chapter 5, I think? And I've only found maybe 4 outfits so far. It's not like I'm not exploring every little area, either. Maybe I'm missing the hidden ones.

5 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

I've seen Trek to Yumi being advertised recently, but haven't really paid attention to it. What type of game is it?

Samurai side scroller

• Like 1

Was just playing Tunic on Gamepass, and I have to say, it is pretty darn swell! It's cute and charming and not crazy difficult (but still a challenge... the Garden boss took me a few tries). Plus I really like how the lore/maps/etc are handed out through NES style instruction manual pages.

• Like 1

End of Guardians of the Galaxy. Possible bug? Help please!

Spoiler

Me and my crew are strutting down the bridge after beating the boss. I talk to Cosmo and then can only walk a couple of feet more and it's like there is an invisible wall and I can't walk anymore but nothing happens. What do I do? :(