X-BOX Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

6 hours ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

My grandmother could never remember the name of Fable. She just always wanted the game where you run around with the little dog on.

Amazing fun was had with Fable 2. Not so much with Fable 3 😒

Thinking of it. Considering how old the game is. It had a lot of custom rpg content for the time. 

That reminds me of my Dad who always wanted to play fishing on N64...he was of course referring to the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. He even learned how to get to the fishing mini game himself eventually. Then we got him a bassmasters game and he loved it! Haha

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I remember encountering a bug with Fable 2 which caused the message "Press A to move furniture" to stay at the bottom of the screen for the whole game. I could never get rid of it, no matter what I tried.

Before or after "child gets lost and can't be freed because you entered the dungeon the wrong way the one time during the quest" or "fetching body parts to reanimate hot Frankenlady and saving at the wrong moment"?

Would still instantly buy F2 if it ever dropped on PC, tho 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Enoby DDRW said:

laughs in seven way orgy

Don't forget to bring the condoms for the orgy. Fable 2 having condoms cracks me up at the small details and depth I remember. 

Tempted to set up the 360. But it is nostalgia that is making me want to replay the game. Just would not be the same. 

7 hours ago, Enoby DDRW said:

Would still instantly buy F2 if it ever dropped on PC, tho 

Hoping they may release it again. Would buy it myself at the drop of a hat. One can hope a Remaster or HD Port in the future. 

Have you seen the mobile game of Albion Online?! Set in Fables Albion. MMO type I think. Have not checked it out yet. But sprung to mind that some of you might like it. 

13 minutes ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

Have you seen the mobile game of Albion Online?! Set in Fables Albion. MMO type I think. Have not checked it out yet. But sprung to mind that some of you might like it. 

I don't think that game is Fable-centric. It's just generally Arthurian legend themed I thought... IIRC correctly it's the one that didn't have classes and for a while after it came out at least, it had an amazingly broken economy.

• Like 1